Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Way too tired.

I hate it when it happens, and even more so when there’s nothing I can do about it, but when I wake up this morning I can barely keep my eyes open. I drag my butt out of bed and laboriously make my way to the door, all the while my eyes being half shut and my brain completely and utterly blank.

With the dogs storming outside, I hobble on back to the bed crawl under the blanket for forty more minutes of snoozing.
They pass way too quickly, the alarm screeching the second time practically a minute after I close my eyes…or so it feels anyway. Groaning I shut the darn thing off and in the end I get up to head for the house…once again leaning heavily on the cane, but decidedly easier than yesterday.

Once I’ve deposited my stuff in the kitchen I head back out to the courtyard to get down the laundry I didn’t get to yesterday. Not too much, thank god, just three or four lines. Grandpa arrives around this time and insists on carrying the dry inside before getting the new batch from the laundry room.

I’m certainly not going to disagree at this point, and with his help we get the chore done pretty fast. Afterwards we have breakfast, talking about the latest news and whatever it is grandpa has heard while staying at his own place, as usual getting into heated discussions about world politics and the insanity of politicians.

Breakfast done and with coffee percolating noisily, I settle on the table so we can unwrap my knee, (talking all the while) give it some air and exercise–bend up, down, up, down, etc.– to see if the swelling is going down. Yes on both counts, so after a little while I rewrap the joint and climb off the table.

For a while I try to write, managing only a page and a half since I’m exhausted and just can’t keep my eyes from sagging during the entire process. I don’t get it. Yes, I’ve been a little short on sleep, but not so that I shouldn’t be able to keep my eyes open for C’s sake. Seeing the futility of it, I give up, get online for a bit and then put the computer away to do something a little more active.

It takes me a moment to figure out what it is I can do with my gimp leg and finally settle on the supply shelves and the two in the big closet that are still filled with paint cans, tools and whatnot from building the kitchen. It takes several trips to lug it all out to the courtyard room, along with getting supplies that were still stored in boxes, onto the now empty shelves, but I’m pretty pleased with myself by the time I finish up.

With nothing left to do, I make a salad to go with the fries big brother’s making for dinner, at which time the painkiller stops working again, of course, so I end up staggering towards my seat rather clumsily. I have dinner quickly, what with the dogs watching me attentively and as always ready to pounce. The meal remains untouched by the eager pack, allowing me relative peace afterwards while I reapply the bandages. Once again I apply a large amount of arnica that should ease some of the recent discomfort.

By the time I’ve recovered a bit from cleaning, the eye drooping starts again, which makes the rest of the evening pretty much a bust. Still, rather than spent too much time online tonight, I do a quick round on the net and start on today’s Blog before I hit the shower and then get ready to head on up to my cabin.

I feed the dogs, of course, clean out the mop bucket and have a relaxing read of Jennifer Crusie’s “What the lady wants”, which is a fun read each and every time, now being no exception.
Finally the night (which I intend to end early) draws to an end, bringing me back online and perhaps to a quick read into the review book I’m still working on.

No comments: