Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The cabin's clean at last!

Song of the day: “I’m in love” by Maria Mena again. No matter, great song and now I’ve read them I actually know the lyrics. Hah.

So let’s see if I can wrap the day up in a nice compact little package. It’ll be hard for me, but it is something I do need to teach myself. Hmmm.
There were the morning rituals, chores, breakfast and coffee, followed by a six hour edit that took us through a rather complicated fight scene. It took ages to do five pages, but still we managed to improve the first half of the chapter rather well, if I do say so myself.

The edit was followed by a slight deviation of the daily routine. Rather than do any building, I took the opportunity to do some cleaning in my cabin, along with the much-needed repairs. During the “week of edit hell” somehow we bounced to hard on my couch (we’ve always been interactive in our reading *snort*) when the scene got to be good. Hah.

I put in a new support beam under the one that broke; put in some new, solid screws and set the couch back to realize that it’s less shaky and noisy than it was when I bought it. Marvelous. Next, the floors and other flat surfaces (I was amazed I even had them. It’s been ages since I last saw them, hah) are scrubbed clean until the cabin is once again clean and comfortable. I really postponed it too long, though. It took over four hours in the end.

After a quick dip in the pool…I took Knight II in with me and he actually enjoyed it…to wash of the grime and then quickly hung a couple of batches of laundry. Then we headed inside to have dinner. Mom made it, and since it was baked potatoes with a salad, I was rather looking forward to it. I was just about to dig into it too when the phone rang. Our tenant’s caretaker was worried about her dog, which appeared to be hurting somewhere and refused to get up.

So I headed over to check the mutt out. She was her usual snappish self when I arrived though, causing relief to her owner while we took the dogs temperature, checked her gums, eyes and limbs. Nothing appeared wrong, just a slight limp that could have been caused by a variety of events that I do not even want to contemplate at this point.

Once in the house, I quickly devour my now cold meal and then head out to do another quick edit in the final hour of the day. Not the most auspicious edit we’ve had but another couple of pages gets added to the whole, so all’s fine.

Around midnight I head to my cabin…my clean and organized cabin for a change…feed the dogs and set up on my porch for the another few hours behind the computer.

Strange day; it had a bit of a surreal feel to it, really.

No comments: