Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Some pics of the new banister...great edit!

Song of the day: “Sing, sing, sing” by an unknown artist, I would say, since I looked it up and got to hear the original voice that I didn’t recognize at all. Hah. But anyway, it’s a cool song, very cheerful, very SWING, so I guess that put me in a good mood.

Like yesterday I was about half an hour late waking up. Forgot to reset my alarm on my usual time, and left it where it stood. Ah well, I could use the extra sleep, so it was not necessarily a bad thing.

After the morning rituals, doing a quick cleaning of Bommel’s ears (poor bobtails, their ears are always a horror) and getting through the morning chores we have to postpone the day’s edit, and head for town instead. Yesterday we noticed that a payment was made to the Ford Ranger’s insurance, so now we head for our insurance agent to inquire after it.

Upon arrival, it turns out that it is an automatic payment and that we have to go to my bank to cancel it, while, on the other hand, the new insurance bounced for some reason, darn it, so that means that tomorrow we have to go out again to look into the matter, darn it.
It is not a huge problem, but it does eat into editing time when it really shouldn’t, darn it.

But, since we’re out anyway, we decide to drop by the supermarket to get a batch of veggies for the next few days, so with a little luck we should be able to stretch the groceries, ‘till at least Friday, and hopefully even Saturday.
Once we get home, I take a quick dip in the pool and then we dive into the edit for the next couple of hours, before the time to work outside arrives again.

The weather is still remarkably mild, all things considered; a wonderful 27 degrees and a cool sea breeze still blowing land inward. I don’t get it, but I do appreciate it. This particular effect of climate change sure helps our electric bill. Hah. Heck, during the nights it’s downright chilly.

I make a batch of cement by hand…as I’ve been doing for the past couple of weeks…and for the next few hours we work on doing some touch-ups to the wall, where the fence floats. We attach the last bit of the fence to the banister and then admire the end-result since the sibs have spent their time painting the wood in the same color as the cabin and the carport.

Things are definitely starting to look great…though I gotta admit that it has a zoo-ish overall style. I swear I wouldn’t be one bit surprised at seeing a giraffe, or an elephant behind that fence. Hah.
Here, have a look/see:


The view from the pool. It's a little blurry, 'cause it was really late, but I do love the way it looks. This was prior to painting.



This is the new terrace in front of my cabin. Oh my, I can actually walk there now. It's just so...flat! Hah. Chaos in front, Bommel in the back, and Gadah on the right with Amri's butt.



Banister on the side of the tower. It may have come out a little higher than intended, thus the Zoo-like look.



Banister on the opposite side under the Mimosa tree we had to mutilate.



The short section on which we worked today. It needs to be painted still, but it's solid at least.



The small wall by my cabin. So handy to have a tap there now, and I thought the rather peculiar pattern looks quirky.


The middle of the banister. Knight II, right there in the middle, surrounded by Amos (on the right) and Planni (on the left). Our big lug!


But anyway, as we have promised ourselves, once we finish up nailing the last piece of fence to the poles, we get in the car (little sister comes along) and drive farther up the mountain to get in a quick run before the end of the day. So it’s a good run, downhill at the start and up going back, so I’m seriously out of breath when we return to the car and spend the next thirty minutes or so doing the cool down exercises.

That done, and dusk almost there, we head home in time for a late dinner that mom prepared, and watch an episode of “Bones”. It’s a rerun, but since we never saw the beginning of the show, this isn’t a bad thing for a change. I try to trim Touri’s ears, which are a disaster areas, but the cocker spaniel acts like I’m going to ritually slaughter him, so I finally release him and resign in the knowledge that I need to get tranquilizers from the vet in order to get the task done soon.

Before I know it the evening has come to an end, and I head up to my cabin. We manage a solid edit of five pages, yay! Okay, I could barely keep my eyes open, throughout the procedure, but it was grand.

By the time we bring up the day’s quota to, not five, six, or seven, which would have been grand on any day, but NINE. Count them, 9! Yay. But then it’s time to get to bed. I’m definitely feeling the full day, but that’s a good thing; it’s the ol’ bod letting me know that it gave everything it could on this day. Hah.

No comments: