Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Too many topics.

Song of the day: “Mr Rock & Roll” by Amy MacDonald. Good one to have in my head for most of the day. And while I was hanging laundry Paul Young featuring Clannad with “Both Sides Now”, which is a wonderful song that I first heard at the end of the motion picture “Switch”.

I am right on time this morning, as planned and head down to the house posthaste, so I have time for a quick dip in the pool, some breakfast and coffee, of course. Big brother and I need to head to the bank to arrange for the payment that needs to be cancelled before it is too late.

The village is busy as heck with tourists, milling about, so when we finally arrive at the bank, it is only 45 minutes ‘till closing time…a nasty side effect from living in Spain, in the villages, and even most towns, everything except the major supermarkets, is closed during the hottest hours of the day.

Luckily, the bank’s director is a nice guy, and he immediately helps us set the problem straight, and then assists big brother to set up an Internet profile so we can check his account on-line as well.

Less than an hour later, we’re back home. I take another dive, and hang laundry; head inside and start up the computer. Rather than begin on the edit the way we usually do, I take a while to work on a new scene for “Commanding Morgan” and manage to write two pages before we start on the edit.

Only an hour is left and since we get sort of stuck on a particular paragraph (seriously we got into a full-blown discussion of where the punctuation had to be, which words were more appropriate and didn’t manage to get it “just right” until forty minutes have passed. Aaargh!) but then our time for editing is up and we head outside.

First another dip in the pool. Hah. Next, I go to the carport to prepare a batch of cement for some more masonry on the wall. While little brother and sister continue with the paintjob, middle sister and I add thin layers to the top of the wall, and then finish up the last bit of cement on the fourth plant container that really needs to be finish at some point, but now only gets about eight rocks added to the whole.

Big brother and I head into the courtyard then, where we remove leftovers of the metal construction that held the roof, back in the day when we still had the entire courtyard covered up.
It takes some heavy machinery, but in the end, we get the metal away, and thus a much less cluttered area. Since we’re busy here anyway, I decide to remove some old paneling as well, and then remove the pile of towels from the pool for washing.

I’m just about done fixing the fence on top of it, when big brother decides that we’re going for a run after all.
Okay, that got me by surprise for a bit. We had planned to go, but then it turned out that the younger sibs wanted to play soccer tonight, so I had reset my mind to do without…which I now have to change again. Grrr.

But anyway, the run goes grand. I do the first stretch at the same pace as big brother, yay. And on the way back I manage to do in two quick top-speed sprints. Awesome! After about twenty minutes of stretches and other exercises we head back home where I quickly hang two more loads of laundry, try to calm down my INSANE dogs, and then head inside to have a very late dinner.

Phew. I’m a wee bit…ehm exhausted, but other than that, I would say that the day worked out just fine.

No comments: