Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just a day

I wake up several times, but on the overall it was a good enough night, albeit a little short. There were lots of dreams, about travels from the past and present alike, creating a jumble of images in my head that I can’t even begin to unravel. A pity. It would have been nice to write another dream down on this day that will certainly seem boring.

What with the competition falling through, I take my time with the morning rituals, spending about an hour just reading (for fun), making the bed, and gathering laundry. It is then that I spend a useless fifteen minutes trying to find the key of my front door.
Sometime during yesterday morning’s release of the dogs, it got lost and I am unable to find it anywhere.

I am, of course unable to find it, so I give up and haul my laundry, computer bag, and my dogs down to the courtyard, setting it all away and then changing into my workout clothes. I certainly feel up to some exertion today, my body feels restless to say the least.

For some reason it takes up to eighty minutes to go through the routines, and I find myself enjoying the exercise that can be done in a workout top and trousers, rather than the long sleeved T that I’ve been using for the past weeks. The temperature today is actually warm, and it is invigorating.

I’m not even cold afterwards, and take my time to cool down from the workout with stretches and such before I head for the shower. Afterwards I have a light breakfast that doesn’t fall well at all, my stomach playing up once more.
With a mug of coffee I settle behind my computer and while away the last couple of hours before I have to get ready to go to town.

There’s another exchange for books (in effect reviews) waiting when I get online. I do admit to being quite curious about what the readers of the past few days think of the W.I. Investigations. Though I have heard some marvelous responses already, it’s always good to get another opinion. Hah.

In the meantime big brother is reading up on his updates about the LHC project in Cern and scoffs about the latest analysis where it is claimed that when they’re going to imitate the “Big Bang” it is PROBABLY not going to create planet gobbling black holes.

It baffles me how scientists take such risks. I mean, anyone taking such a risk would be cut off at the knees. But no, in the name of science pretty much anything goes in the end. What do we need to know about some big bang anyway? What possible good will come of using such an incredible force?
Does anyone recall the first moron thinking up the rather disastrous nuclear division? Yes, we’ve got power from it, but can anyone spell A-Bomb, radiation, nuclear waste, melt downs and God know what else? Duh! Hello! Any brain cells working over there?

Let’s theorize for a second and think what is going to happen if they don’t botch this test up and create…I don’t know, a new power source? Does anyone really think some twat isn’t going to get the brilliant idea to make some wonderful weapon of mass destruction? Don’t we know human nature a little better than that?
Like I said. It’s baffling. Does no one even remotely intelligent watch doomsday movies?

But anyways, after some chats, time has gotten away from me, and I need to hurry on up to get changed for our lessons in town. By the time I’m ready to go, and am at the verge of climbing from the porch step when a sparkle underneath it catches my eye. The key, it’s right there. Right where I SHOULD have been able to see it during my search that very morning…and didn’t. Aaaargh!

Stabbing it in my pocket, I dismount the steps, and then head for the car by the time big brother appears and joins me. With his arrival at the car we depart and start on our way to town.
We reach the school in little time and speak with our teacher for a bit, who says that it is about time for us to start on the harder courses now that we pretty much know where the computer tests “are at”.

Together we agree that if things continue the way they are, we’ll be ready for our exams mid-February, which is a reassuring thought, to say the least.
She’s in a cheerful mood today, very few students came by during the course of the day, we’re thinking. She’s joking with us, pleased with our progress, it seems, while we start doing lessons on paper once more.

The questions are insane, having absolutely nothing to do with what we’re there to learn, but we muddle through until two hours later the school is ready for closing and we need to call it a night.

On the way home, we visit the video rental store in hopes of finding “Wanted” or “Tropic Thunder” available to take home with us, but regretfully neither are is, so we head for the bazaar instead and buy a few items that we need.

By the time we get home the evening is advancing rapidly, and neither of us feels up to an editing, or writing, session at all. I’m still bit nauseous, and actually have some dry heaves, but still manage to choke down on a small dinner of yesterday’s meal.

Afterwards we check out Carla’s (orange Cocker Spaniel) foot soles, which appear to be bothering her. There appears to be some swelling, which is treatable by us. Then we haul Njanna (Golden Retriever) on the table as well, so we can check out his ear.

The poor dog has been suffering from bad ear infections for years, and while we thought that the last treatment finally had effect, we find that the ear is once again fully, and disgustingly infected. It is strange but Njanna has shown no sign at all of discomfort this time, which is why we are a bit on the late side checking out the damage.

A nasty smell comes from his ear, and for some time I keep the dog in a tight hold, so big brother can remove the puss, dirt and excessive hair for a better view. It smells awful, but most gets removed, after which we release the Retriever, so we can prepare a mix of boiled water and vinegar for proper cleaning.

That done, I spend a little while removing spider webs from walls and ceilings, and head for the courtyard to hang my laundry before I’m ready to call it a full day and start gathering up my dogs so I can take them up to my quarters.

It has started to rain, and I hurry on my way to the cabin, dispersing food for my dogs and spending half an hour of reading before I settle down for the evening and log on.

No comments: