Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Something to do with groceries?

Song of the day: There was none. Strange huh, but I guess it was just a bit too busy for the ol’ brain to think of something.
Grocery shopping day, again…gawd I’m so happy we only do it once every two weeks, ‘cause if we didn’t I’d be screaming. Hah.

So, yeah: I was on time this morning and big brother and I managed to do a solid edit of four pages or so before we headed out to start on the bimonthly chore.

First stop, small speciality store where they have a sweet soy sauce that the entire family is addicted to, hah, so it simply has to be bought, just like it has been since I was just a little girl. Good stuff…surprisingly we didn’t move to Spain until the sauce was actually available over here. Do you suppose it’s fate? (Just kidding around a little.)

But anyway, during the course of the next five hours…yep, doing groceries for nine can take a good five hours; it will take you through ten stores, and yes it is definitely EXHAUSTING. I’m serious, cutting reed for a couple of hours, weaving it for three, heck, even building a rock wall is not half as exhausting as having to walk to and from store to store, through them…aargh. And it seemed to go so infinitely slow for some reason.

Luckily all was successful, we got the supplies we needed, some bargains that came in really handy, such as a hand axe and a tree saw…we’ve been keeping our eye open for them for several weeks now, so it was wonderful to finally find both at an affordable price.

Foodstuffs, some clothing items (bought for 90% off), lemonade and everything else that will see us through the next two weeks gets piled into the car, until in the end dusk approaches and we’re finally done; with the shopping part at least.

Afterwards comes the hauling it into the house, storing it away and of course the laundry, because I was stupid enough to forget it this morning. Darn it.
Be that as it may, close to eleven in the evening I’m relieved to be able to sit down at last for a much needed breather, and start on today’s Blog while watching a rented DVD (Meet Dave, it was not half as bed as I feared) and the latest episode of “Lost”.

Well, I’m going to leave it at that, I’m thinking. I’m running way behind and I really don’t have anything remotely interesting left to mention, so this is what will have to do for today’s Blog.

No comments: