Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Great edit, short projects.

Song of the day: “When you taught me how to dance” Katie Melua. Cute little song from the motion picture “Miss Potter”.

The morning starts off with a tiny little accident. The dogs rush out of the cabin, as is their habit, and somehow Amri lands wrong when they bounce off the porch. In all likelihood, Knight II bowled over him, or some such, whatever the cause, the poor old feller is limping considerably and slowly makes his way back into the cabin, rather than explore the yard.
A quick check shows no broken bones or such, so I think he just bruised it.

I head down to the house, quickly go through the chores and get down to the edit.
Excellent scene today: The heroine’s hurt, suffering from a terrible fever, when their cabin is attacked, so the hero is forced to deal with the intruders expeditiously. Okay, so I might have a gotten a little enthusiastic in the rewrite and…yeah, well those who are against violence might have to search elsewhere. Hah.

But anyway, I have to keep it short today, ‘cause I’m already running behind.
Let’s see, after the edit, we head up to the old horse stable in search for wood. Since the weather is rather pleasant to work outside, big brother and I decide to start making windows and frames. You see, the younger sibs have rooms at the back of the house, and for some reason these chambers retain all heat that drifts up. So, to deal with the problem, we are going to put windows in the back walls to solve this particular problem.

The old stable is pretty rundown these days, holding a supply of woof, old cabinets and closets and just about anything that we could need in the future. It takes a bit of searching (and a rather close encounter with a wasp hive, Yikes) but in the end we find what we need and head back down to the carport.

First, we have to deal with the reed we got yesterday, however. For about an hour we strip them of leaves, cut them to the right size, and then tie them up in neat bundles that soon join the ones that we’ve already stored on top of the carport roof. We’re starting to get somewhere with the supply at least

Next, we work on measuring, sawing, and fitting the pieces together until we have two windows and one frame assembled. While big brother and grandpa are still working on them, I head towards my porch to varnish the new table and its supports until they fit perfectly with the rest of the cabin.

Since the weather is so darn pleasant, around dusk we decide to head up the mountain in the car for a short jog. I really needed it, since my back has been killing me these past few days; it feels decidedly better afterwards, and with that in mind, we head over to a place where we saw a pile of wood that had been discarded.

With the wood piled high in the car, we head back home and arrive well after dark. A quick dip the pool, fifteen minutes quieting down my insane pack, and then I’m already running behind for the day’s blog - darn it.

But anyway, with the last batch of laundry hung, I’m don for the evening, and head up to my cabin to start on the second edit of the day.

Well, I sure am ready to call it a day. Phew.

1 comment:

Jenclone said...

against violence? say it's not so... lol.