Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The window is in!

Song of the day: “Lay lady lay” by Gemma Hayes and Magnet, which is a song I first heard when I saw the movie, Mr. & Mrs. Smith. It took me a while to like it but apparently it settled in nicely once I did.

The edit went well last night, bringing us to a solid hundred pages, while sitting on my porch, overlooking the valley that stretches out before our mountain. It was quite amazing to see night clouds roll in from the sea; a thick wall of mist that hit the lights of the town that lid them up to a bright orange.

It was still thirty degrees when we got to the porch, but considering the mercury was another two degrees higher inside the cabin, it was the best we could do, anyway. Managed another three pages in last night’s edit, so…Yay.
During the night I had a muscle cramp in my right calf - ouch - that actually woke me up from a rather nice sleep, and it took me several minutes to battle the problem and fell back to sleep.

The usual morning sequence today, so I’m going to skip it. The weather is absolutely divine when I head down to the house, promising a very nice day where the temperatures are warm (around 30 degrees) but not sweltering.

Amri’s limp is almost completely gone by now, he only complains of it on rare occasions on our way down. Laundry and other chores get dealt with, and then we sit down for the edit. We manage to start pretty fast and in the hours that follow we edit/rewrite almost six pages…which is like, awesome for a morning job.

Good scene, very dramatic; heroine is hurt pretty bad, the hero needs to find medical aid, she doesn’t want it, yadayadayada. Telling about it simply doesn’t do it justice so I’m going to shut up about it. Darn.
Oh yea, remember what I said about the Thunderbird the hero drives. Although it was pretty perfect, we decided to go with a Firebird instead; something about the Firebird being referred to as a pony, relatively small but incredibly powerful, well I simply couldn’t resist.

But anyway, after the edit we head on up to the carport where I finish the final touches to the new window while Big brother headed up to little sister’s room, to saw out a square in her wall where the window will be set.
The entire task took maybe two hours, but in the end it looked pretty darn good, really like it was in there from the start, which is good since little sister’s room is rustico to say the least. Looks good, and I started on most of the preparation for little brother’s window frame too.

Though we wanted to go get more reed today, our tenant is running late so we had to wait until it was almost sunset before we could finally pick her up. By then it was dark so we went inside to have dinner and the evening was pretty much over.

Only this blog and another edit to go, and then I have to go to bed because I need to go to the insurance company again tomorrow. It’s a pain in the butt, but it needs to be done after all.

Okay, I’m gonna cut it off here; there really isn’t that much to tell anyway. A pity.

No comments: