Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Reed weaving, some pics.

Song of the day: “Mr. Rock & Roll” by Amy MacDonald. I have this one in my head often, don’t I? Ah well, good for discerning the pattern.

Very little editing done today, so it would appear that I have little to say about it, obviously; it was rather annoying actually since yesterday it didn’t work all that well either.
Nothing to do about it, so we headed upstairs earlier than usual…which might not have been the smartest idea, considering it was a tad hot around four in the afternoon.

But, be that as it may, I did some finishing touches, such as painting the window-frame for little brother’s room, before I set to working on “weaving” reed mats for the courtyard project.
Since grandpa did it before, he shows me how to do it and then leaves me to it while he and big brother resume working on the old horse stable.



Halfway into the process, phew.



Second one done at last. The dogs have to sniff it, of course.



And more stored reed on top of the carport.

The process is rather exhausting and awful on the back, but by the time the afternoon turns into the evening two mats are done and get set aside. There’s still some reed from yesterday’s trip, and big brother and I set it aside before we head out to get a new batch.

We locate a different spot to get them today, a nice selection that takes us an hour to gather, with more than enough left for us to return there another day. Once again we worked up a good sweat; for some reason, cutting reed does more to the body than a workout. I prefer to see that as an advantage, saves me from having to do my exercises.

Well, that’s about all I’m going to do today. I’m rather tired and I still need to try another edit.

No comments: