Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

More cutting reed...and editing. Duh.

No song of the day. I know, it surprised me too, but there you have it.

Let’s see. Lots of events today, not a lot of ways to talk about it, so I’ll just get right to it.

I was maybe fifteen minutes late, simply couldn’t get my butt out of bed, and but when I finally did things slowly got a little better. I had dreams this night; they were very clear when I just woke up, but faded really fast when I started with the morning rituals.

It was hot again during the morning, but not as bad as yesterday. I headed down to the house, took a dip in the pool and did the morning chores and soon it is time to settle down behind the computer for the edit. We’re just five pages short of a hundred, and spend the majority of the working hours, making a chronological tree for the “No Escape from Rising Sun” series. We’ve got to make sure that all the details are right and that we don’t…well screw it up. Hah.
By the time we finish outlining it, it is a long, really long list that basically holds all the details.

After we’re done for the day…I cried off an hour early so I could have a fun half hour on-line, before we head out to work on the pile of reed we got yesterday. They all need to be cut to the right size and stripped of the leaves that are still attached to it. Soon we’ve got them all ready, prettily lined up and tied, so we can stash them on top of the carport roof.

Now, there’ve been some problems with the table on my porch…the dogs push it off, make it wobble and well, make it dangerous too to have my computer on there at night. So with wood we still have stacked in the front yard, we put together a foldout top on the balustrade of my porch, which turned out pretty darn good. Solid, easy to put down and…well, just handy.

That done, we quickly have dinner and then set out to get a new batch down in the valley. Clouds have gathered ‘round then, and the temperatures have gratefully dropped enough to make the trip not entirely uncomfortable. We manage to find a spot and for the next two hours we cut, slice and measure reed until we’ve got the back of the car filled up as far as we can before it is completely dark.

The Land Rover does excellent, again, going cross-country like it’s a highway. I do love jostling around,heading down dirt roads, over fields and dried river beds. Especially when the cab is filled with the scent of freshly cut reed and sweet smelling peppermint that was growing all over the place. It’s heavy work, perspiration was running all over our faces, and cools us off considerably on the drive home.

I take a quick dip in the pool when we get back and I have another quick snack before we put on Kevin Costner’s “Swing Vote”…way too late, admittedly, but it’s a funny movie at least; a little outta there, but still funny.

After that, the day has come to an end and we head to the cabin for the night’s edit. Yay. I got a slight twinge in my lower back so I’m kinda looking forward to getting horizontal soon.

No comments: