Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Done in for the day. Hah!

Song of the day: “Forever” by Chris Brown. Definitely a new one for me, considering I’d never heard it before I saw a cute Youtube video where a couple had set up their wedding as some sort of show and played this song. Very cute…the video as well as the song.

Last night we managed a successful edit after all; managing a solid nine pages before the night came to an end. Yay. It worked perfectly, the scenes, I mean. It actually had me all positive minded before going to bed…especially when the edit had been going so horrible in the past few days.

But lets get to the day:
I wake this morning with the song in my head, going on, and on, and on. Hah. Seriously though, not a bad song at all.
I’m pretty sore of yesterday’s “weaving”, but after a few stretches, I feel good enough to face the day.

After the morning rituals, and arriving in the house, the usual dip in the pool is followed by the morning chores; big brother and I soon settle down for the edit and in the hours that pass we actually manage to add another ten pages to the “done” section. That sure feels good.

The day is cooler again - just a tad - so when we head outside to get to work in the yard, it is rather pleasant. Since I made an error yesterday with the first reed mat, I ask grandpa to cut the wires and set the stems down for me while I prepare for the new one.

By the time I finish today’s first mat, my fingers are starting to develop some mild rope-burn, but with little sister’s arrival, we soon manage to weave a second one and put it with the other two. Rope burn is starting to get serious by this time, but I’m determined to make a fourth today, so one section of the 8-section roof is done.

Nearing dusk, with four done rolls set aside, my fingers completely numb, it is time to get dressed in long pants and hiking boots, so we can head out to get a new batch of reed. Also, considering I lost my dagger last night, (it got pretty dark there, by the time we finished, and it slipped from its necklace sheath) we return to the same spot. It takes only a couple of minutes to locate the dagger, and with it carefully stashed in the car, we get to work.

It isn’t until darkness has fallen almost completely, several cuts in my hands (no matter, they were numb already anyway, hah) that we have the back of the defender loaded up and are on our way home.

My back is sore all over again, no surprise there, considering I was bent over for the better part of the afternoon. Once we get home and have made our way through the insane pack, I soak in the pool for several minutes, stretching every single muscle in my body before I feel comfortable enough to head into the house for a very late dinner.

Little brother prepared Tikka Masala, and it’s pretty darn good, albeit a little light on the stomach (undoubtedly I’ll be hungry again before midnight) after a busy day. Hah. No matter, however, soon it is time to head on up to my cabin and start on the final part of the night. Maybe we’ll manage another edit, I don’t know.

No comments: