Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Getting there.

Song of the day: “This kiss” by Faith Hill. It’s been a while. Kind of cheery, isn’t it?

With considerable effort I manage to drag myself out of bed in time this morning. I know, surprised me too, but I can’t stand this urge I have (every now and then) that makes if practically impossible to get up in time. But anyway, there were dreams; something about some strange dude sticking a syringe in my gut…freaked me out a little. Hah.

First thing up when I head out the cabin and go down the mountain, is take pictures of the stairs (I’ll post the progress of them sometime in the next few days) and straight on to the laundry so big brother and I can start on correcting the errors we found during proofreading. A chapter is soon finished, which means that it’s time to start on the other tasks for the day.

First one up, is repairing the kitchen drawer, which hasn’t been sliding properly in its casing, so a small adjustment is necessary. Second one, is a similar problem in the laundry closet which keeps pulling apart in the center so a short support beam has to be attached in the center.

Then we all head outside to start on the day’s task. While little sister and brother start on cement for big brother’s step, middle sister and I head down to the guest quarters to put in the large Persian rug (it has been washed considerably these days past) and oversee the final touching ups before our guest comes to stay the night, tomorrow.

The room is looking pretty good, cozy too, so while middle sister finishes up with washing the windows I go outside to get down to opening up a path towards the ancient wall under the veranda…remember, the one we have to fortify. Lots of branches, reed and vines need to be removed, but after a few hours, we’ve got a good passage that should allow us to start on the wall just as soon as the weather starts to cool down a little. Today was pretty intense, especially with the work, within no time we’re all sweating like mad.

Luckily the temperatures start to drop just as soon as the sun nears the mountain in the west, and with that middle sister and I use the hark and pickax to even out the ground behind little brother and sister’s wall. It doesn’t take me long to see options for the newly flat surface; veggies, probably, some more zucchinis, or tomatoes, or onions certainly wouldn’t go amiss. Hah.

While middle sister and I are working on this particular section little brother hauls some more rocks down, and then a big pile of debris that has accumulated over the past few months. Since the night isn’t over, and little sister has already gone inside to make dinner, I spent the remainder of twilight putting in a couple of basil plants into the ground with grandpa and then help big brother finish up with the sixth step of the stairs.

Both dusty and more than a little weary, we take a quick dip in the pool…one of the last times this summer, I’m thinking; what with the wind that picked up it is already starting to get too cold for late swimming.

Dinner is next, followed by this Blog and of course a quick course through the messages (I’ve got soooo little time these days, I even had to give up un my much enjoyed Amazon fun, darn it). But the day has come to an end, and we still have another proofreading session ahead of us. I’m actually looking forward to it, considering yesterday’s went so well. So great to see how much the manuscript has improved over the past few months.

Well, gotta go.

No comments: