Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cars up the wazoo

Song of the day: “I will survive” by Gloria Gaynor. From my point of view it is very appropriate. Jeez. At the moment I just want to go to bed and pass out for a bit. Right after I eat half a bag of cornflakes to fill the pit that is supposed to be my stomach. Seriously, I’m friggin starving and for the past hour or so my stomach has been wondering whether my throat’s been cut. Aaaargh.
I didn’t have time for it today…heck, didn’t have time for it yesterday either.
Which means I need to explain, don’t I?
Well, yesterday was a doozy due to the fact that I had to go out way too much. It started early with Sally who had to go to the doctor and since the Daewoo is gone I had to drive her there. This meant that I had to wait for her to be done, which took two friggin’ hours that would have had me scream if I hadn’t been smart enough to take pen and paper with me. I managed to get down a solid scene. Yay.
It did make me incredibly grumpy when I got home, in particular because tenant also needed help, which took another hour and by then the entire morning was gone. So I took some time to get started, but I did finally manage to get down to the basin terrace where I spent the majority of the afternoon writing on “V.L.” The scene I wrote in the car and part of another one, so, another yay, right here. *sigh*
There was some gardening, naturally (not as much as I’d like) and harvesting, and cooking, which is incredibly boring to write about, but the zucchini soup was great. I wish some was left, but on the way up a large portion sloshed over dogs and ground alike. Bye bye soup.

I really should take some time to do some decent cooking again, though. The days are just not long enough for frivolous things like food, unless I make them.
But anyway...the afternoon was cut in because Sally needed a lift to her new job, only to need another one three hours later. That was when (after dropping her off) big brother and I, along with Dani headed out for a jog. I was in serious need to let of some steam, and I think I actually managed a relaxed run, rather than using all those muscles I’m not supposed to use. I mean it, it went well. Didn’t pull anything, didn’t lose my breath too fast, so it felt pretty awesome by the time we got back to the car and called it a day.

Good thing I managed to get to bed early too, because it allowed me to get up early this morning. We made to appointments, you see, to see a Renault Kangoo and a Citroen Berlingo. The latter had our favor, right until this afternoon it turned out that the add lied and that to look at it we’d have to go a solid fifty miles, which wasn’t worth it.

The other one, well the price wasn’t right after all, so that got canceled. It wouldn’t have been bad if that meant that we could stay home, but mom found an Opel Astra Merit that should be affordable. So we went there instead to look at it (did I mention I hate car shopping. I do. With a passion!). Personally I didn’t like it all that much, in particular not the seller, nor the idea the car gave, but what the heck, I will hardly ever drive it, so...whatever.

On the way back (we have an appointment at our garage tomorrow to see if we’re not buying a barrel) we came upon a Hyunday Atos (similar price to the Opel, and much more likable in my eyes, hah) whose owner showed up within fifteen minutes of calling. There will be two appointments at the garage tomorrow, where we’ll hear what the mechanic says.

Of course, the potential buying of a new car means that I will have to get up early tomorrow morning to get my registration form at city hall, and while I’m there I’ll have to pay taxes for 2010 as well. Home taxes, roads, garbage, etc. Very tiresome, but it needs to be done.

While mom and little brother dropped off Sally this afternoon, I had to pick her up again, right before big brother and I headed out to get gravel. With a little luck we’ll manage to pour concrete in tenants room one of these days. And when that is done maybe her new kitchen floor, which is high time.

Not much writing today, only a couple of pages that brought me up to one third of the book. Yay. I wish there’d been time for more writing tonight, but it’s already past midnight and I have to get up in time.

Okay, Knight II’s making a racket and I need to get ready for some serious zzzzs. Gotta go.

No comments: