Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to projects

Song of the day: “Some nights” by Fun. Still an awesome song, and I don’t mind at all having it stuck in my head at the moment. Hah.

First off, I am terribly late (not even because of a jog. Didn’t go, because big brother busted his middle toe. Nail was slammed back into the skin and everything. Aaargh) and should really get to bed on time.

I had an utterly whacky dream the other night. We were spending time in our old trailer (haven’t seen the dratted thing in more than sixteen years, I think), staying at a camping site. There was a massive fire somewhere nearby, and in the late evening air I could see the red glow all through the night. Then it happened, some crazy psychopath thought it fun to start messing with people at the camping ground and was keeping hostages. Then, he came at me, and I panicked a little, so I started throwing stuff at him (not my smartest move in a dream, but what the hey). There was some pretty heavy stuff to throw, and most of it hit him, and yet he kept coming at me. Finally I got my hands on this big heavy wrench and conked him on the head with him, making him woozy, and the second send him to the floor.
That’s when I grabbed the phone I’d been trying to get at before he came after me, and ran. I kept trying to get through to the cops, but the connection was crappy, my Spanish nearly nonexistent, their English too, and too much staff occupied with the massive fire that was coming roaring over the mountain. I woke up breathless, to say the least, in particular since just before I woke, the psychopath had regained his footing and came at me. Grrr.

So yeah, been a busy couple of days. First off, we’ve been doing what we can to prepare for the arrival of the cabin. Yesterday there was the painting of the wooden boards of the toilet space behind it, and the floor with an anti termite stuff that had no color, and no smell, which freaked me out a little.

While cousin Ed and I (also grandpa at one point) focused on painting (both yesterday and today) big brother worked on getting the first bits of the foundation in place, and grandpa on sawing wooden beams that will suspend the cabin once it arrives. Yesterday even tenant helped out with the painting bit, which was nice. It’s been a while since she felt like doing something like that.
This afternoon’s painting involved adding white to the transparent varnish, because Sally likes it to be light, and I want her to feel pleasant during her recuperation, so light it is.

Yesterday morning involved making lentil burgers (she asked if I could make a few for her because the hospital food was so bland) and starting on the chili of our supper later in the day.
Both worked out well, actually, and I did manage to eat it even after I added very small bits of beef to the mix. Managed about three quarters of my portion before I started getting the gagging reflex when one of the beef bits turned out to be a bit on the big side. *sigh*

At the end of the afternoon big brother and I had to go out to pick up a donation prior to going to Marbella to visit Sally, but it turned out to be so much that we had to drive back home and unload…which took way too long too, so we ended up phoning Sally, who said not to bother, she was so very tired anyway, and she would see cousin Ed in the morning. Which was a bit of a relief, considering there was still the dog food to cut and an attempt at writing to make.

Didn’t manage much, though. My eyes kept falling shut during that, and I finally gave up after one page and just went to bed. Jeez. It’s been some long days of late.

And that refers to everyone, considering the younger sibs are hard at work in the main house to paint the walls (that haven’t seen a lick of paint in over three years) so that we won’t be embarrassed once our visitor arrives four days from now. Lotsa stuff got backed up these past few years. Just too much to do, ya know.

This very morning big brother and I did some more work in the igloo. The power is working, and so’s the water for that matter. We are going to have to figure something out for that, by the way. Because that tube is now lying about in full sunlight, you can actually scald your skin on it. It’s a pickle, and something we’ll have to solve fast. The clock’s ticking.

Had a wonderful watering session of the yard today (the basin is half full again. We had to drain the pool, because one of mom’s Cocker spaniels (he’s blind and not in good health) pooed in it. Eeewwww. I’ll share my pool with dogs, no problem, but I draw the line somewhere. Hah. But anyway, we had to drain it, meaning that the watering is going nice and fast again, and while I was at it, I took the time to harvest most of the red peppers, cut them and freeze them for later use. Those little bushes are definitely doing a splendid job. We can’t eat them fast enough.
But the watering is getting less, thankfully. What used to take up to three hours, now only takes one, so we’ve got it down to a manageable size at the moment.

There were the usual chores such as laundry, feeding the dogs, and cutting dog food, of course. They loved it this morning, in case you’re wondering, there were all sorts of treats in it. Barbecue pizzas, ham pizzas, turkey slices, ham slices. They devoured it. Hah.

As to the writing: I only managed a page yesterday, but went well into two today, so, maybe, just maybe I’ll get this stuff done yet. I really shouldn’t let all these troubles mess with my focus. This is my future, after all. *sigh*

Mom and the sibs were in a bit of slump today. Their market day wasn’t at its usual level, meaning that they only made half. Darn economy and summer. Both are making folks less prone to sell.

The dogs have been rather chipper today, seeing as I didn’t go out at all and they made a nuisance of themselves by getting my way constantly. Chaos is still the least forgiving in that regard. He’s still ignoring me a little, while Knight II gets so affectionate that I’m getting bruises all over the place. This very morning, he was throwing himself against me, slamming his bony behind into my thigh over and over again. It friggin’ hurt. Got out of bed ASAP.

Today’s supper, as opposed to yesterday’s healthy chili, involved wonderful pizza. Loved that. The fresh dough, the fresh veggies and sauce, and of course the cheese. What smells nicer than that combination? I just couldn’t make myself wreck it with meat.

Well, this is it for today. No time to dawdle, despite the fact that I could of course fill pages and pages with mindless banter. *snort*

No comments: