Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Getting back to normal

Song of the day: “The Flood” by Take That, intermixed with “The Flood” by Katie Melua because I was trying to get the first one out of my head due to the annoying fact that I don’t actually know the lyrics yet. Which means that I only hear the chorus in my head, which means that it is driving me effing bonkers!!!

But no matter, another day (on too little sleep) has passed and I am already looking forward to tomorrow…after several hours of sleep, that is. Hah. Not there yet, though. As a matter of fact big brother is setting up the telly right now to put a movie on, so, at least another two hours before bed time…I’m not sure yet if I regret that. The movie MIGHT be good. Hah.

So let’s do this fast, the flashing screen is already distracting me. Gawd, it feels like I did the blog yesterday…hey, I did, so yeah, now I’ll have to get back to the normal schedule, meaning I need to do this one to have it all right again.

What happened since the last blog? Good question. I’m personally drawing a blank. The temps were cooler still, so that was a relief. Since I’d gone to bed extremely late (around three in the morning), I set my alarm half an hour later and was infinitely grateful for those extra thirty minutes.

Had a dip and while big brother fed the dogs I did the last blog and then we dipped the dogs in an anti-tick bath, which was really, really necessary. They were really bothered by a lot of the little buggers, and I was starting to get worried about anemia for most of them. Then…well, I think I mentioned all this. Bringing the car to the shop, getting the Opel, etc. Once we got home, I hurried on down to the basin terrace and got to writing. Only managed two and a half pages or so, but still, better something than nothing, right.

The writing done, there was food to make. Baked pumpkin, which turned out splendidly, along with a zucchini, pepper, onion, cherry tomato mix that I served with lightly fried spaghetti. After supper, while big brother went into the yard to water stuff, and while cousin Ed washed up, I headed up to start on the dog food. Like always the dogs loved this part. There’s a bunch of them that will literally do anything to get their proverbial hands on fresh veggies. There’s Rammi, who is deaf and doesn’t understand the word “no” anymore. Clue, who will just grab some regardless of “no Clue!” and all the others that want to sneak a bit in. Hah. Ah well, at least I had company doing all that cutting.

I was done before big brother, so I got to go down for a bit yet, and watered some plants. Things are looking pretty good down there, but it is visible that we are cutting back on the veggie fields. Though everything still looks pretty darn green, it is getting less, which is good since the water is friggin’ expensive.

That done, and the night already fallen, we headed out for a jog, which was nice, even though I was clearly not at my best. No matter. I did the jog and that’s what counts.

As to today, woke on time, went through the morning rituals, and then headed up to the old horse paddock where we worked on heightening the edges of the big trailer because mom and the sibs are going to have to take the Opel to the market, and to take their stuff along they’ll have to load more into there. Still they won’t have everything with them, but it’ll be close at least. The higher walls of the trailer look kinda good actually. I’ll have to take a picture. Which reminds me, I still have to post the pics of the market too…oh well, maybe not. It could get tedious after a while, right?

So today writing went well enough. Actually managed four pages despite the fact that I didn’t get started until after two (the trailer took longer than expected). Tenant joined us later on, despite the fact that she said she didn’t feel like coming down today. It was cozy, and she did help out by cutting beets for supper. Made beets with potatoes, in fact, along with a rather nice bell pepper tortilla on the side. The tortilla will actually be for tomorrow, of course, but still, tenant feel like tortilla, so I made one. Worked out splendid, in fact.

While big brother and I went down into the yard (harvested a whole batch of cherry tomatoes, killed weeds and vines) cousin Ed cut the veggies for the dog food tomorrow. Decided to use the watering as a bit of exercise, and ran up the stairs most of the time. Actually managed it too. Hah. By the time we were done, it was almost dark, and I took over cutting from Cousin Ed who had other stuff to do still before the movie.

A bit of bad news in the end, much to my regret, while I was petting Kolossus (German Shepherd), I discovered a major growth in her mouth. Poor thing is getting skinnier these past few weeks, and now it would seem that I've found the reason why.
Blasted cancer, probably, but hopefully, with a little luck, it will turn out to be a nothing more than a really bad ulcer. We'll found out on Monday, when we take her to the vet. Gawd, I'm going to be so POed if it turns out it is cancer again. The friggin' dog is five years old, for crying out loud!

And that’s the end of today. Not very interesting, I know, but who gives a heck. It’s a blog, a day in life, and they are what they are, right?

No comments: