Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Just stuff

Song of the day: “If I die young” by the Band Perry. Wonderfully depressing, isn’t it? But romantic in its own way.

So yeah, another couple of busy days. First off, there was a trip to the hospital. We had hoped to skip a day since Sally would be taken care of properly and would not be discharged for several days yet, but then she called in a complete panic, that everything was wrong, so we went over there to visit for a bit, and managed to lift her spirits a little.

But I’m getting ahead of myself, aren’t I? Let’s start at the beginning. The day started early, with only five and a half hours of sleep, which was way too little, naturally. Spent the first hour (before coffee) in a semi daze managed the morning chores and fed the dogs.

What followed was a ten page edit, that went pleasantly fast, and was way necessary. I like how it is going. Almost near the end now. Less than twenty pages, so Yay. Before you know it we’ll be all done and I can finally start writing on the new project.

Then, just when we were about to start on my kitchen, that phone call from Sally came, meaning that the kitchen was postponed once more. Nothing too bad, mind you. We decided to shove it to the next day and headed up to the car, only to find that we had a flat tire. Yep. Was driving backward, and there it went, flopping every which way until I figured it out.
Took us about fifteen minutes, and we planned on dropping it off at the tire dude’s place on the way back.

Since we were in Marbella anyway, we took the opportunity to go past a multitude of stores to check out the prices for cameras. There were some beauties there, I tell ya. If I had a gazillion bucks I’d buy this really awesome Nikon with three different lenses, a standard, bag and all sorts of neat extras that would photography more than just fun; it would be an adventure then. But alas, nothing there to suit me. Instead we decided to go through the internet offers and found something that should suit me. Ordered it tonight after plenty of thought. Yay. It should be here in a few days.

Oh gawd, yeah, we even checked out pawnshops. They don't have them, apparantly, but we did find this perfect aluminum pan some odd 50-60 liters big. It works like a charm, and the quality if really good. I think it used to be from a hotel, or something.

Cooked leftovers, because, let’s face it, we were late again. And then, just when we were about to get started on the edit when the cops turned up at the gate. Apparently they’d gotten a call that someone saw smoke and smelled it somewhere round here. We explained that we were cooking the dog food on a stove. They just wanted a quick peek, and then they were gone again. All very friendly, and civilized, so no trouble.

Then we did another ten pages at the end of the day, meaning we didn’t get to bed on time again. Hah.

Knight II still has the lump, so I'm a tad concerned. In particular since the anti inflammatory seemed to have had no effect whatsoever. Added to that, he's got a small skin growth on top of it that is all hard, shiny and seemingly growing. Not good, I think. Will have to go to the vet again.

This morning arrived bright and shiny, with lots of noise from the dogs since this was the day of the month that mom and the siblings did the Wednesday market. Strangely enough it woke me up (regardless that it hardly ever does) and prevented me from falling back to sleep for at least an hour. Darn it.

There were chores and all (I know, way boring), practicing a bit more Spanish, and then rushing through getting ready to leave for our lessons. Was a little late again (what else is new?) due to the fact that caregiver was off and I had to help tenant walk over to a different spot where she could sit in the sun and shade at the same time. The walking went well for her today.

Spanish was excellent today. Went over our homework, and had nice chats, mostly in Spanish, despite the difficult subjects we skimmed through. I do love the conversations about psychology, and my internet “friends”. The talks did remind me that I really have to write to my pen pal pilot. It’s been ages again, darn it. Time goes way too fast.

More edits today, and some work on the kitchen…not from me, but from Grandpa and Big Brother. The first has been working real hard on the windows, while the latter put up a barrier so we can pour some concrete tomorrow.

During that time, Cousin Ed and I changed the tire on the Land Rover, and while Cousin Ed made supper, I took the free half hour or so to brand some leather for mom’s purses. Managed three rather nice patches, before it was time to start working on the edit once more. Only managed a few pages today, but it’s now less then fifteen pages so we should be able to manage it tomorrow. Yay.

Had to blog, of course, which means that we are now at the end of it. Time for bed, finally.

No comments: