Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Time, it goes by so fast.

I wake to a wonderfully warm day on the Costa Del Sol. The sun’s shining, the temperature is pleasant, and the monsters have let me sleep ‘till fifteen minutes before the alarm usually goes off. It’s nothing less than a miracle, I tell you. My Gawd, a night in one piece. It’s been ages.

I’m still tired, of course. I was dreadfully late again last night so that was pretty much expected, but I get so caught up on the chats that I find it hard shut down when I should.
Going through the morning rituals, chucking into clothes and shoes, and even deciding to go all out by donning hoop earrings for a change, I’m ready to chase the dogs from my cabin and start the day.

Once I head down the house, I have the faint hope that laundry will have dried during the night, but alas this is not to be. I only manage to take down a fifth, at most, that’s dry to the touch. Luckily there is no new batch to hang, so it really doesn’t matter.

That done, and folding what little I’ve managed to scrounge from the lines, I have breakfast and set up behind the computer. No time for messages today either. I need to catch up due to yesterday’s lapse, and the fact that tomorrow our workday will be interrupted again is pushing me to speed as well. Drat. Hate lesson days for that reason alone.

But anyways, I slowly get dragged into the story once more, the trials and tribulations of the Lady Joanna becoming ever more prominent as the “evil” Lord Simon slowly, but steadily seduces her with his patience.

Sometimes these old-fashioned tales have a wonderful feel to them, in writing as much as in reading, as a matter of fact. They remind me of when I first started out reading romance novels.
Kathleen Woodywiss, Victioria Holt, Madeleine Brent and even some Barbara Cartland, hah. They’re a wonderful way for a pre-teen girl to roll into reading. They got me addicted, actually.

The sweet effect is lost a bit, regretfully, when I add a little more graphic “love” scene, which appears to be a prerequisite these days. Not too much, though. Keeping it sweet and in-style with the main theme it comes out rather nicely in the end.
Just five more pages to go and the writing of this particular story should be done. Now if only I didn’t need to go to town tomorrow I might actually manage it then.

Big brother’s distracted today, due to a documentary he saw on discovery about time, so he’s talking my ears off again, outlining the theory of his thesis in great detail, while I’m trying to focus on the pages in front of me. Still, I work well past sunset and by the time I decide I’m done for the day–a wooden butt is nothing to smile about–I have added eight pages in total. Not my record, but certainly a good workday when all’s said and done.

Since no one is in the mood to cook today I make myself some fries, of which big brother selflessly eats half, while I coat cauliflower, carrots and onions in dough and fry them as well. That takes care of today’s nutritional needs, and since today a stand up comedian the entire family enjoys on the tube, I lounge in front of TV for an hour and half to digest an enjoy.

The show’s good, pointing out a variety of issues that have been discussed between the lot of us quite a bit these past few months.
It’s brought in a poignant, yet funny fashion, which makes it a successful show even though I can barely keep my eyes open throughout.

Rather than risk falling asleep in my seat, I get up by then and head for the kitchen to do the dishes and make room to put the second layer of paint on the latest cupboard.
With “Stealth” playing on TV, I finish the task, and proceed to finish cleaning the rest of the kitchen before I settle back behind the computer and quickly go through my messages, rather than save them for later.

I know that if I don’t go through them now, I’ll be late again, so I get up-to-date on the latest chats and download a book from Amy Lane, which I’ve promised to review.
I admit I’m quite curious about the story, so that should be fun in the near future when I manage to scratch out a bit of time to go through it.

At long last, after bugging the younger sibs who are making their evening snack for treats, the eve is drawing to an end. We talk a bit, going over the day’s events and plans for tomorrow before I gather my things–and dogs–and head out of the house for the night.

Once in my quarters, I find the temperatures to be quite pleasant, allowing me to put my heater only on one heating element as I feed the dogs and do my nightly reading of an old Amanda Quick novel.

Around two in the morning I set up the computer to start on today’s Blog. I’ll undoubtedly get distracted again, but who cares?
Tomorrow’s going to be a busy day. I just know it!

No comments: