Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Road trip...sorta

Too little sleep again, but what else is new. Like I said before, something is just getting in the way of enough hours…this time I lay awake for at least an hour, for no reason I could think of. I refuse to complain, however, so let’s get to the day.

It’s a beautiful sunny morning when I wake up. The sun is slowly rising towards its zenith and the air is still fresh from the night when I open the front door and let the pack out into the open. The usual morning rituals ensue, including a somewhat sloppy stretch that does nothing to alleviate the knot in my shoulder…a result of yesterday’s lifting, I imagine.

First thing I do is checking my messages this morning. I’m expecting one nonetheless, and there it is. A reader has written with the update of her most recent read–case 3 of the W.I. Investigations/The White Doves. Though her tastes lean more towards actual horror stories and romances (I love the eclectic readers) she just spent most of the night reading, to finish the story, because she couldn’t put it down until she knew how it ended. And she wasn’t disappointed. Hah. Now that is excellent news to start a day on, I’ll admit.

No edit first thing this morning, Danni and friend are already up the mountain, visiting with grandpa and our tenant, and after a quick breakfast big brother and I head on over with slices of the pies that have firmed up marvelously after a night in the fridge.

We visit for a bit, give the grand tour of the progress made on the wall, and get up to date on each other’s lives. Several hours pass with pleasant conversation, at which time we have get in the car to drive our visiting friend home to Marbella. It is a long drive, but since we take the back roads, rather than the highway, it is a beautiful one. It crosses straight through a nature reserve and this early in spring the sights are magnificent.

Since we’re already in the bit city by the time we drop our friend off, big brother and I decide to stop at the large mall to see if there are any ventilators on sale. We’re going to need them in the summer if we want to save on expenses of the AC.

In the end, we only manage to find one for a decent price and depart to the east of Marbella. The sun is nearing the horizon when we reach the village closest to our home, and rather than continue on our way, we decide to drive up to our usual spot to get some more rocks. No sense in wasting time and the trip when we can get more rocks today, too.

For the next hour or so we gather a large amount of them, piling them high into the truck bed, until it is filled to the rim and the car has lowered through the springs at least half a foot. With that done, we return on our way home, where the sibs are already waiting to help unload our cargo.

We finish just when nightfall arrives, and head inside to eat the meal little sister has prepared. Though she warns that she might have gone a little overboard with the sambal and that it’s overly spices, it tastes just right after I actually manage to sit down…there was laundry to do, of course. Hah.

Big brother and I do an edit of about two hours, when midnight arrives and I take my dogs to the cabin for the night.
While I change into my pjs I realize that through the hours spent in the early morning sun has left my shoulders and neck slightly burned. It is strange how after so many years in Spain, I still manage to get sunburned. It’s nothing serious however, and by tomorrow, it should be fine.

Very little done today, but those days belong to life as much as the busy ones. Can’t be busy all the time, I guess.

No comments: