Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Late, late, late.

Song of the day: “Taking back my love” by Enrique. Yay. Makes me want to bounce around the floor.

I am really, really late, and since it’s already 2:30 AM when I start writing this blog I am so screwed…and whoever is actually bothering to read this too, I guess since you’re gonna be stuck with a sum-up.

Worked on putting together, printing and then preparing a couple of query letters to go out to publishers on Monday. This always makes me nervous and today was no exception. I actually hate this part of publishing, but it needs to be done, so the letters get signed, checked one last time and then slipped neatly into their envelopes. Next they are stored away in a plastic folder, in which they’ll stay until they can be mailed.

Next, since we’ve been slaving away at the computer, luckily sharing a laugh or two, we head on out into the damp, somewhat misty day that somehow managed to be hot anyway. Rocks that have been piled in massive numbers all over the construction site need to be picked up, and carried down the mountain.

We’re too late to start building, so this is the next best option to get something done at least. For the next hour we go down and up and down again, figuring we might as well get some exercise out of it by going up at a slight jog and then hauling down rocks…well, us ladies did anyway. The brothers were lugging wheelbarrows. Hah.

The dogs love this kind of thing, naturally. For the first twenty trips or so they go along, back and forth, over and over again, and then when they start to tire, they’ll pick a spot somewhere in the middle…preferably right on the path where we’re walking with heavy rocks…to watch us like they’re at Wimbledon. Idiots!

Sita III is quite the cheering part too, dashing around our heels, looking all excited as if saying: “Oh, this is soooo much fun! Up, down, and up again. Look at me, I get there faster.” At one point she exhausts herself so much she just drops down and sleeps for a couple of minutes, just to start all over again.

We move at least 3 tons in total, which is starting to look like an impressive collection that will at one point be used for the fortification of the verandah. Not until the end of summer, hopefully, but before winter for sure.

Big brother, grandpa and I head out for another load of rocks afterwards (also a quick dinner of potatoes with red beats and cheese, yum) and by the time we return we’re pleasantly exhausted. Once I’ve dealt with the laundry, ate a cookie and swallowed down half a liter of cold water…man, was I parched…we settled down to do some more research online.

Well, that’s about it for today. I need to hit the sack, ASAP…before my face smashes my keyboard. Hah.

No comments: