Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A little lost.

Song of the day: “Sad Eyes” by Enrique Iglesias. Rather sad song, but a good one nonetheless.

I’m going to have to keep it really short today: It’s almost midnight and I still have an edit to do…darn it.

But anyway, since big brother had to go out to get new bags of cement I had an opportunity to write a new scene I thought of last night. Scene between the heroine and hero’s son, cut dialogue, and it just came flowing out. Nothing feels better than that. Hah.

Four pages done, but by then my mind is too murm to be able to do any more editing, but I did fit in the scenes I did before, bringing the complete manuscript up to 100.000 words, yay.

Since we need to go out tonight, get a few groceries, and more reed, we need to stop early with outside work, so in order to get something done, we need to start a couple of hours earlier too. I make cement, and then start to build on the last wall that hasn’t been finished yet. Several hours in the hot sun pass…though the wind is rather cool…and then we have to hurry because nightfall is rapidly coming earlier and by now it will be here ‘round nine thirty.

We head for the supermarket after washing up, find some nice piles of wood at a local dumpsite, do our groceries and drive towards the field where we can get another stash of reed. Though it is not at all hot, we are soon perspiring considerably. Lots of moisture in the air I guess. We only get a small stash and on our way back, we decide to take a different route…and end up seriously lost. What with the main road under construction still, we just can’t find a way back onto it.

It’s a little scary, and at one point, we actually almost go off a cliff, but luckily, it all works out; we find a way onto the road at last and next thing we know we’re heading back home. So yeah, dinner isn’t eaten until after eleven, and now the blog is ready and I can wrap things up for the day. Phew.

Wow, I actually managed to stay under one page. Hah.

No comments: