Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Forgetful me.

Song of the day (well, the day before yesterday): “I love you but I don’t like you” by Right said Fred. A funny song, but it drove me bonkers all through Thursday.

I know, I’m a day late with the Blog, but because of some inexplicable reason I completely forgot last night. Very bad of me. I’m shocked that I forgot, really. Very unlike me…in particular because I’m usually making mental notes throughout the day, so I’ll have a general idea what to write about. Well, let’s just try to compound it all.

Lots of carpentry these past three days. Middle sister’s closet is almost done, it was primed just last night, and today the light yellow paint will be slapped on. It’s starting to look pretty good, allowing for lots of space once we get it into her room.

Little brother is hard at work with those lamps I mentioned the other day. They all need fittings, and power lines, but he’s steadily slugging his way through the lot. Two are already standing on the veranda as of last night, and they look pretty darn cozy.

Big brother and grandpa are working on the outside fencing and have got four poles in the rock ground, and have fixed the side gate so we can use it, whenever the dogs are crowding the big one. Yay. Big brother figures he’s going to need some practice with the welding machine before we start on the new main gate, so this was an excellent start.

Little sister’s birthday went by without a hitch on Friday, and the cheesecake was a bloody success. An excellent desert for the pasta and fresh tomato (from our own yard, by the way) sauce she prepared herself.

Her birthday resulted in a trip to town yesterday, because she really wanted to have zipper sweater for the winter, so we did some relaxed shopping by roaming through a department store. Since there was a late sale, I bought a body warmer for myself, ‘cause, let’s face it, I’m a total whiner when it comes to the cold. Hah.

The puppies are getting along famously with the other dogs; the pack took about fifteen minutes to sniff them up and down, nudged them a little out of sheer curiosity, and before you know it, lost interest in favor of snoozing around us while we worked on the ongoing projects.

The weather is downright gorgeous this past week. Sunshine, fresh breeze and temperatures in the high twenties (C)…which has the sibs in a snit, while grandpa and I are downright thrilled. Hah.

So, what else was there these past three days? I’m trying to think of something here, give me a sec…oh yeah, managed to get a new second-hand wheelchair for our tenant. It was damaged some, (which explains why we got it practically for free) but after a short examination of the old and new one, I quickly managed to make one perfectly fine wheelchair of the two. Tenant and her caretaker are thrilled, of course, since the new chair is far more comfortable than the old, and you can almost imagine that this one isn’t second-hand.

Yesterday’s song of the day was: “You’re my mate” also by Right said Fred. I don’t know what’s up with that. I mean, the songs are fun and all, but having them inside my head for several hours on head is, like, wahay too much.

We did another garbage run, of course, got this huge load of new, strangely cut MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard) boards that are going to be a pleasure to work with in the near future. That stuff is so darn expensive, and yet, there it was, piled so high in a garbage bin that we could hardly fit it into the car. Insanity of a shop-aholic society is the wet dream of the do-it-yourself home-improvers. Hah.

There were a couple of days involving lousy proofreading, and then yesterday, we suddenly (much to our surprise) managed two full chapters again. I don’t know why one day it will work, and the other it feels like mounting the Himalayas, but there it is.

Lots of ticks again: The ugly little parasites seem to be breeding by the dozen. Why, just yesterday I petted Njanna (Golden Retriever) and removed fifteen big ones that were sitting on him like big warts. The same goes for old Ambah (Cocker Spaniel) who had about the same amount small and big all over his face and shoulders. Gawd, I hate those things…and the stupid chemicals are obviously not working. We might start using the natural way again, one of these days. We found this rather interesting recipe for a spray that we really have to try.

Today’s song of the day is: “Blame it on me” by Maria Mena…or at least, I think it will be because I woke up with it.
With a little luck we’ll finish the new closet today, get another session on the book done, and then…well, we’ll see how it goes.

No comments: