Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Projects aplenty.

Song of the day: “I come undone” by Robbie Williams. Great lyrics, impressive song, and luckily I know it completely. Also had “Unwritten” by Natasha Beddingfield, which I’ve had before.

So it was a busy couple of days, which appeared a little unreal due to Wednesday’s lack of sleep and then the consecutive nights catching up.
Well, where to start. Yesterday’s proofreading went slow, but another chapter got added at least. We went outside and in a somewhat chaotic atmosphere we managed to continue on with the closet for middle sister, and at the same time a large closet for the room (the one with the new floor) in the sibs’ communal room.

The first turned out beautifully. A light yellow, sturdy wardrobe with more than enough space for her clothes. It was a pleasure to see it standing there against the big wall in her bedroom.
With that one done, there was time to focus fully on the big closet for the communal area, and boy did it turn out to be big.
It was no easy feat either, for some reason I was still clumsy (a full night’s sleep does that to ya too, hah) on this part, and it got so bad that at one point we all just started swearing, for no other reason but to get rid of the frustration going all ‘round. We actually got to be quite inventive, and I fear that most of the valley got to enjoy it with us, but in the end we did manage to finish the first one…minus the doors, that is.

They look grand, by the way, and will look even better once the glass and wood doors are in front of it. The best thing is, we didn’t even make any errors during construction that needed fixing later on, so…yay. Total surprise, considering the…ehm…clumsiness, but I was seriously awed that we’d managed it after all.

A disappointing aspect of the day was that the publisher got back to me, informing me that they were not the right company for “Saving Nina”. Darn it. Again, no negative response. They liked it well enough, just because they were taking on “so few new authors” they decided to opt out. So that means that we’re going back to the sending out part of the entire getting traditionally published, again.

Despite the news, we have decided to look at this on the positive side. They didn’t dislike it, it is just a matter of finding the right place for the story. Time (no matter how annoying) is on our side. We still have it, and until we don’t…well, we’ll see.

So anyways, I was totally exhausted by the end of the evening, which meant that I basically konked out in my room. Heck, I could barely keep my eyes open while I fed the dogs, but it was a successful day, so I didn’t mind all that much.

Today very little got done. It was grocery shopping day nonetheless, and what with the pressure off from the proofreading, big brother and I decided to take things easy…we were going to need it too, especially with ten stores ahead of us.

We set out on schedule, went to the usual stores along with the familiar trip down to the hardware store where some paint, tools and screws had to be bought. In the end the entire endeavor takes five hours, with an extra one added to it, for unloading and setting everything away, but grocery shopping day is over and done with for at least another two weeks. Thankfully.

I’m actually looking forward to another early night, ‘cause let’s face it, I can use it. Hah.

No comments: