Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pix and an update. :-)

Song of the day: “Tired of being sorry” by Enrique Iglesias. Had it before, but I probably will again. Great one.

Well, it has been a busy couple of days. I am once more at a loss as to where I left off the last time, so I’m going to past in a couple more pictures for the heck of it.

Here’s the bed/closet for little sister. There’s another separate section with two big drawers, sort of like a bench (the same materials) but I forgot to take a picture of it, darn it.
As usual I started on the design before I actually took measurements, but it worked out, thankfully. The separate sections are exactly the length of a mattress and putting the lot in…after breaking the old bed apart, which involved quite a bit of work. Luckily putting everything in place went so well that we had the new bed was set up and ready in just a few hours.





Here’s also a shot of what soon will be a nice light yellow desk in my room. Isn’t it cute? As a little girl I would have killed for something like this. Hah.
This is restoring, by the way, not building. Had to replace some broken elements, but the design is not my own. *sigh*



Here’s my old trunk, which mom painted during the course of the past week, very Arabian nights, isn’t it.




But anyway, other than these fun little projects going on, big brother and I have been working on the new front gate off and on, which means that we have now finished one side of the gate, about nine by nine feet of metal and wood that is starting to become rather pretty and solid.

There was also a nice little half hour involving changing Tika’s cage (parrot), which she doesn’t like at all. She’ll be glaring at us every time like she’s saying; “Hey, those are my food reserves, get out of my cage!” while banging her beak against her food bowl. Such a character, our Tika.

The weather, much to my regret, is slowly turning colder again. We’ve actually had a wee bit of rain, aaargh.

Also had another nice run, where I worked on endurance rather than speed. I hate the endurance part, I wanna RUN, darn it…but the other bit is necessary too, I guess.

We had a good scavenge again. Lots of wood that’ll do the trick with future projects. Also metal, which won’t go amiss what with working on the gate at the moment.

I did two more workout sessions with our tenant, who is slowly gaining more balance and strength in her legs. She really enjoys being able to walk again, even though she has to be helped. Can’t blame her, really; there’s nothing worse than being bed, or chairbound.

In between it all I have been trying to discipline Knight II, who’s gotten to be so big that I decided he’s going to need to learn to stay on the couch, rather than get in bed with us at night. There just isn’t any room for him.
Of course, it took me over an hour to get him to understand that he couldn’t snuggle up, but on the overall, it wasn’t as disastrous as I’d feared.

And with that I’ve gotta quit today’s blog. I’m running way behind…I heard from my soldier with Operation Desert Swap for the first time, so I got a little sidetracked writing this really long email to him (poor fellow; far away from home and then he gets stuck with me yapping his proverbial ear off).

On to the next day!

No comments: