Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Late! Grrr.

Song of the day: “Misfit” by Amy Studt. Such a funny song. Makes me smile every time.

I’m late, I know, I know. Couldn’t be helped, really: Yesterday was grocery shopping day and I was out ‘till seven in the evening, then had to water plants and had to go out again to get another load of gravel so we can start pouring concrete again today. A busy day by all means, but Knight II got his walk while we got the gravel so all is well. Hah.

There really isn’t a lot going on at all, except that the day before yesterday we had a really awful edit---we got no more than seven pages done in seven hours. I think it was our mood more than anything, seeing the writing wasn’t any different from the past few weeks, but it is rather frustrating, to say the least.

We’re getting there, though. Crossed the one third of the way just the other day, so the edit is going a lot fast than the last one. I still love the characters, so that is definitely a plus. She’s adorably innocent; he’s dark, mysterious and dangerous…what more can a girl ask of a romance novel, hah.

The yard…well the tomatoes are starting to ripen. I mean, really, they’re turning red all over the place and they look bloody delicious. A much deeper red than the ones in the store, almost too sweet and small, but absolutely delicious on a CLT. (cheese, tomato and lettuce) Already my mouth is watering for today’s lunch, which is less than half an hour away, mind you.

I’m curious about tomorrow’s doctor’s appointment. I wonder if they found anything on the X-rays or on the blood test. The foot hurt like f…ehm, heck yesterday, that much I know, but I am starting to suspect that it has more to do with stress than anything. I mean, seriously, whenever I’m worried about finances, or (heaven forbid) the friggin’ publisher saying no…which is a stupid thing to worry about since a no won’t change anything, it’ll just mean searching on…the stupid appendage will hurt more.

It would mean that there is a simple solution: STOP worrying! Aaaargh.
I’m working on it, really. My present mantra is, once again, I don’t care about things I cannot change…and everything is changeable, in time. *sigh*
Very true, but at times a concept that is difficult to grasp.

What else…ah yes. The balustrade we were building: That one is done, yes! It’s looking pretty darn good too, so, yeah, I gotta post pictures. How many times have I promised to do so now? It is going to be a bitch to post a hundred pictures. Hah. But anyway, the path is working well, easy to stroll on for tenant, and as soon as the ground has hardened it’ll be even easier. I like the look, very ranch-like, for some reason, except, of course, for the tropical colors. Hah.

Well, this is going to have to do for today. Considering we didn’t get to the edit yesterday (dontcha just hate them busy days) we’ve got many pages to make up for. Gotta go.

No comments: