Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, September 13, 2010

By the side of the road...weird.

Song of the day: “Don’t marry her, have me” by the Beautiful South. I don’t know why I have this particular band in my head these days, but considering I like them, I don’t mind all that much, really. It’s a fun song after all.

So, I would like to say I have good news, but since I’m writing this while I’m standing by the side of the road with a borrowed computer and a broke-down car, I can’t think of a single thing that would make this GOOD news. *sigh* Well, I do have the computer at the moment, so at least I can write my blog during this wasteful time, and the weather is pretty darn pleasant, and waiting here, leaning on the car as if it were a bar isn’t all that bad either, so…who gives a fig anyway. It will cost time, and that’s about it.

I don’t know what’s wrong with the car, by the way. I would think that the friggin’ garage people screwed up, ‘cause let’s face it, there weren’t any problems before that, but who knows. We’re going to have to call for the Grua (triple A), because any other way isn’t going to work. It does appear to have something to do with the alarm, as if it is blocking the entire machine, for some peculiar reason. Seriously, I want to scream right now…no I don’t. no use in it, really, just a waste of precious energy, considering that with every passing minute, this day is getting longer and longer, when it concerns what needs to be done before the end of it.

Let’s do something normal, shall we? Let’s just get to the normal schedule of blogging, rather than complain and whine the way some part of me is inclined to do so at this particular moment. All very theatrical, I’ll admit. In my head I’m falling to my knees, shaking my fists at the heavens above, screaming: “Why? Whyyyyyyy?!” Like I said, theatrical.

Everything else is going pretty well, in particular since yesterday we spent the majority of our time putting the new floor in the basin, finishing the task in two part stretch that was interrupted by me hauling more sand down the mountain so grandpa could continue mixing concrete for big brother and I. While the first worked on the corners that had to be rounded and smooth, I worked on the majority of the 18 by 9 feet floor that had to be smooth as well.

I was sore as heck at the end of the day, my friggin’ foot pounded and burned, but since we had put up a protection cloth on top, it was a nice day, working pleasantly in the shade, with a nice south eastern wind blowing in.

There was only a bit of writing, all things considered, but we’re well past hundred now, so that means we’re also well past the middle, yay. Gawd, it is actually getting a little chilly, here. Imagine that, mid September, and already cooling down. Weird, I tell ya.

So we were just about to have brunch this afternoon when my main distributor called, telling me he would be arriving in town right after three and if I could make it down there myself as well. Sure, no problem. Went right down and while big brother went over to the hardware store to get some stuff we’re going to need for the basin, I talked a bit with the man. Apparently he is in dire need of a media sales rep, and was fishing a bit if I would be interested in the job. Now don’t get me wrong, but I wonder what made him ask.

Seriously. I don’t know nothing about sales. And when I say nothing, I mean, nada, nothing, zero, zilch. I said I would think about it, though. I’ve got to, considering it would be a full time job that would earn me a solid 20 K a year, and that while I have no resume to speak of. (Meaning, none at all.)

I’m just going have to give it a shot, considering that it is commission based in the first place, and if I do it well I would get expenses, company car, etc. It would be good to exercise my people skills, which are, admittedly, limited, at the very least. I mean, right now, the mere thought of having to walk up to some sort of company owner, or manager freaks me out quite a bit. But then, if I ever get the opportunity to pitch my book to some agent, or publisher, I do need to learn how to go about it, don’t I. Like I said before, I’m going to have to wait and see, and perhaps the opportunity will present itself at some point. No way to know unless I try, I guess.

Well, standing here on the street, typing away at the computer, I don’t suppose I’ll get away from here soon. Gawd, it’s going to be another loooooong night, I’m practically sure of it. Luckily our friend Dani is already on the way, so if we don’t manage to get the car going, we’re going to switch cars so I can finish the route at the very least. Darn it.

Gotta go.

No comments: