Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Disastrous? Close at least.

Song of the day: “Puppet on a string” by Sandie Shaw. I know, it’s an oldie, but it’s still cute. Hah.

So let’s get to the good part…oh wait, there was a string of near disasters these past couple of days. Hah. Not really disastrous, it is just that once again the whole week has gone past where we had to go out every single one of them…including tomorrow when the dreaded grocery shopping day is back. Aaargh.

Nope. I’m not thinking of it, not yet.

Okay, one of the disasters: something in the Daewoo said pop and lost its power steering. Turns out one of the belts went, and we just barely had enough energy left in the battery to make it to the salesman’s garage. Of course yesterday (while we were in a hurry to get to Malaga to pick up our friend for her weekly sleepover) was a national strike holiday, meaning that the shop was closed, aaargh. We left it standing there, after managing, just barely to close the windows and lock the doors, and sped on.

Afterwards there was another visit to the bank. Yes, we’re still not getting any drafts, and as it turns out that he had put in the wrong postal code and town when he reset our accounts. Gawd, then, five past five thirty we get an sms, informing us that something is wrong with the Daewoo’s insurance and if we can call them back.

Turns out the insurance broker is closed at five thirty, so that meant that we had to go there this morning, after dealing with the garage, mind you, and see what the heck was going on. Apparently the bank withdrew the payment of our insurance for some reason, so I had to write a check instead. My first time, by the way. Never wrote a check before, if you must know. Jeez, never knew it was so friggin’ complicated. Luckily the broker did it for me (yes I checked the amount afterwards, don’t worry) she’s known us for nigh on fifteen years, I’m guessing. Hah.

What else: Mom’s sewing machine finally got fixed, so we had to pick that up as well. Almost forgot too. Didn’t actually remember until we were three miles from home and had to head on back to town once more to pick it up. Grrr.

Another bit of bad news. Djoti (little sister’s cocker spaniel) was peeing blood last night, so she and mom hurried to the vet. Turns out the cocker has a big tumor behind his spleen and at his age (12 something) it just isn’t feasible. Emotionally and physically. He’s already blind, had one eye removed, along with several tumors, so we’re hoping to battle the problem for a bit longer with an antibiotic.

Scare number three would be Ama (mom’s Viscla pointer) got her mouth around a toad last night and started acting rather peculiarly. So they headed out to the vet for the second time. There are poisonous toads in this area and according to the internet you’re supposed to get treatment within 40 minutes or else risk losing the dog. From Ama’s reaction I would say she was experiencing a slight high. Apparently the vet was unfamiliar with this particular threat (city folk, gawd), but she is going to read up on it. Ama got a couple of shots, and her heart was checked just to be on the safe side. She appears to have made it through though.

Personally I spent my afternoon using the paint sprayer to varnish my second 2nd hand rattan chair up in the old paddock and it is looking pretty darn grant, if you must know. Now all it needs is another layer and a new pillow and then it can go into my sitting room. I can just imagine how it will look once the new floor is in. If only the days were longer…or I needed less sleep. Take my distributor for instance; he gets by on one hour of sleep. *sigh* Gawd, the stuff I could do with that much time on my hands. Hah.

Tenant’s test results came in this morning as well (another part of today’s trip) her bloodworks are fine, but she still has a slight urine infection. Which is apparently caused by not drinking enough. Poor woman can’t help it that she’s never really thirsty and us reminding her of it constantly is just bound to drive her bonkers. She’s an adult after all and in the end she will have to take care of herself in at least that way. She tries, though, and more than having something to drink at her side at any time is everything we can do in the end anyway.

Bommel: I still haven’t gotten around to shaving him. I’ve been planning to for at least a week now, but I just can’t find that spare hour anywhere. Maybe this weekend, we’ll see.

Yesterday afternoon was mostly spent in the yard by the way. Watering everything, harvesting what was ready and in general just spending a few wonderful hours in the sun and fresh breeze. Beautiful, I tell ya.

Writing. Rather than trying to throw out another scene, big brother and I did some edits in the manuscript yesterday. It’s good…I think. Very different from my usual style. Short, to the point and…I don’t know, simple. I’m pretty convinced that this story will need two edits at most, which is a big change from the other projects that need at least three or even five.

Well, my chair is waiting for me. Gotta paint it still, so I’m getting outta here.

No comments: