Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Three day stint...jeez, brain leakage again.

Song of the day: “Edelweis” from the Sound of Music, of course. I blame tenant, really, considering she loves listening, and humming along with the oldies whenever we need to walk somewhere. The Sound of Music is always a safe bet that way.

Yes, I forgot to write yesterday. That is the second time in one month, I think. I hate it when I forget stuff like that, in particular because it is supposed to be a perfectly ingrained habit, and I don’t like to slack that way. Ah well, I’m letting it go. Can’t change the past anyway.

So yeah, lots of stuff happened these past three days, and in all honesty I can hardly keep them all apart, so I’m just going to flap ‘m out at random and maybe add the day if I remember which one it was, okay?

First of all, yesterday morning was spent hauling mud and water out of the basin. What with the rain two weeks ago there were three wheelbarrows of mud and about 400 liters of sludge to level out. It didn’t go bad either. The day was gorgeous, and standing on the edge of the basin, lifting up buckets (with really smelly stuff, yuck) isn’t the worst way to start the day.

On the overall we’re still cutting glass. If all goes well, we should now have enough to put the roof on the greenhouse, so, yay. Lost several panes in the process, but the past year of gathering materials are definitely paying off. We should be able to start putting the glass in sometime this week.

While big brother was doing the majority of glass cutting, grandpa and I worked on the sawing machine, sawing the slats that will, in the near future, hold the glass in place. The hardwood has a rather particular smell, and considering that the saw makes its dust as small as sand, I was more than a little itchy by the end of the day.

Now I don’t know if I already wrote about it, but I finally got to shave Bommel. Poor feller was covered in permanent dirt, so it really was time for that. He went through the procedure just fine, and actually seemed to enjoy the washing he got afterwards. Used three helpings of shampoo, but finally he was spotless again.

Last night, after the sawing the wood, I played with Knight II for a bit. Seriously, the lug needed a bit of extra attention. He’s really a sissy, if I looked at him intently and growl deep in my throat he’ll lie down and roll on to his back in surrender. Then, of course, when I stop he’ll bounce right up and jump against me like the massive battering ram he is. Hah.

Thursday evening I changed the tire of the Land Rover, because it was flat (or on its way to it) and grandpa brought it to the village for fixing.

Friday was Grocery Shopping, of course. Jeez, I seriously dislike that day. But we managed it within five hours, which was rather splendid. At the same time we could pick up the Daewoo, which was fixed. Apparently, it had one loose fan belt and another one missing, so we were damn lucky that the engine wasn’t wrecked. I’ll have to bring it back on Monday so they can clean the engine and find out where the oil leak is. Big brother and I will drop it off before we start on our route.

Afterwards, while the younger sibs and I unloaded the Land Rover, big brother went to the village to pick up the fixed tire, and once I was done putting the groceries away, I headed on up so we could put the tire back on. Apparently, there was a nail in it. Hah.

While we were away a wasp stabbed tenant. For the past few days she’s had an upper lip that looks botoxed. Seriously, she reminded me a little of Brigitte Bardot, which, of course thrilled her. Hah.

This morning we went through the yard to harvest some veggies. It was wonderful to be in the yard again. The sun was out, but there were clouds as well. It really feels like autumn these days, and days are starting to feel chilly in the mornings and evening. While we were harvesting, going from bushes and jungle, we also checked the watering system. Three were clogged, but the rest was fine.

Thursday night and last night were spent kickboxing. Yay. Seriously, if you ever want to exercise and have fun at the same time, kickboxing is the way to go. I loved every single minute of the two sessions that surmounted to two hours in total. My aim has improved, so has my speed and strength.

Last night I also put in my second (2nd hand) rattan chair in sitting room and it looks so darn cute I just had to sit in it and stare at both for a bit. Since I was sitting anyway, we discussed the possibility of a glass extension to tenant’s bungalow, so she’ll be able to sit in the sunshine in the winter without being bothered by the wind. It shouldn’t be too difficult, what with the roof already being there, and since we only need to take out one wall, we could at about nine square feet to her kitchen. We’ll see how it goes.

Writing: I’m a bit blocked still as to what will happen next in the story, so for the past few days we’ve been editing instead. It’s going well too, seeing as the story is not at all complicated. Hah.

Well, time for me to have breakfast/lunch. I’m friggin starving.

No comments: