Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Frisky business

Song of the day: “The young ones” by Cliff Richards. Boy that’s an oldie…not to mention that it has been ages since I last heard it.

Not a lot of activity going on, basically we’re doing busywork trying to finish everything up. Big brother and I have both been working on the imperial for the Land Rover, and why he is welding the final touching, I have been removing the “snails” and such from the metal with an angle grinder. It’s my first time with that particular power tool (I love power tools, btw) but it is not going bad at all. Almost got it done for painting.

So yesterday was mostly spent doing that, along with some carpentry in tenant’s solarium. I had wanted to put in the ceiling today, but grandpa insists on first painting the beams and such, so it will be easier. I wonder if he ‘s managing it. Hah.

Along with that, big brother and I have been talking a lot about our new book idea. It is going to be a joint operation, really, and it will primarily involve a series of six. We’re going to see how that works out.

Am a tad tired for some inexplicable reason, and I am seriously contemplating a nap just about now. Heck, the way I’m going I just might pass out on the table here. (Sitting in the carport). Of course I did have an extremely early morning today, what with us having to go to first Marbella and then afterwards Malaga with the Land Rover. Yep, we need to have something fixed again, but since it would take at least three days, if not more, we had to make an appointment to head back that way ‘round Tuesday. Blast all the stupid repairs. It is now official that the Ford Garage screwed us over with faulty fixing and I still don’t know what I’m going to do about that. Maybe I should sue. Hah.

Gawd, almost forgot. Big brother got pulled over in the Daewoo Matiz, btw. Seriously, if you know the Matiz you know how rediculous that is. But at the moment the officials are a tad paranoid over here. They're basically pulling aside all single men, and considering I had big brother's passport in my bag, I had no choice but to walk over and join in on the mess.

I parked the car at the gas station and hiked back to the round about where big brother was being frisked by a talkative, yet completely Spanish Guardia Civil. Patted him down and everything, searched his coat, searched the car and then started eying me when I came up and explained that I had been waiting for brother to pick me up at the gas station, and that I had his passport.

Finally understanding, he took the paperwork (including that of the car) and then demanded to look through my purse and work suitcase. If I didn't know any better you'd think that the bag was carrying a bomb, or something. He handled it with kid gloves and then had us open it...all of it under the watchful eyes of his colleagues with heavy guns and a chain designed to throw on the road to kill car tires. It would have been a tad scary if it hadn't been nice material for the blog.

But anyway, in the end everything checked out, of course (I could have told him, that, but who am I?)and we were allowed to move it along. *sigh*

Well, not much writing going on either, seeing as we’re still working with the edit. Reached page 75 last night, by the way, so we’re almost halfway through.

No gardening, much to my regret. We did have a water leak repair the other day. Took big brother and grandpa about an hour to replace the main supply hose with anew one. I sewed my chair pillows yesterday afternoon too, and mom made new casing for my dog pillows. Sure, lots of small things going on, but they too need to be seen to.

I really should take a siesta. I’m just too friggin’ tired to keep my eyes open. Not much else happened anyway, so who cares.
Gotta go.

No comments: