Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Close to fine

Song of the day: “Wooden boat” by Take That. Still an awesome song and I don’t have a clue why the singer apologized for it being fussy, of all things. That’s what I bloody liked about it, for crying out loud. Also had “She moves through the fair” by Boyzone, so I guess, for my head it was boy band day. Hah.

I’m going to have to keep it short again (yeah, yeah. I know. Promises, promises. *sigh*)The weather was lousy, by the way. Clouds covered the sky most of the day, even though the weather channel said differently.
Considering not much different stuff happened, I think I might be able to keep to that today.

First of all I had a marvelous edit yesterday. Really, we flew through a chapter and it was grand. Whether or not we’ll be able to repeat the miracle today, I don’t know, but I would love to get a wee bit further today as well. We have, after all, less than fifty pages to go; so the sooner we reach the end, the better. I can’t wait to get to the paper edit of the other book while we let this one settle for a bit.

Okay, on to other stuff. Both today were spent working on the basin wall, and I am most pleased to state that it is as good as ready. We’re going to need one or two more wheelbarrows of concrete on top, one more tread on the stairs, and then the big square top can be poured. By then the wall will be officially DONE. Yay…Okay, I’ll postpone celebrating until it’s actually done. In particular because, in all likelihood we need to work tomorrow. I’m going to have to call “Dewey” in the morning and ask.

If not, maybe the wall will be completed, if we do…well, that’ll be nice resting day, won’t it? Hah. We will have nice soy and pumpkin soup before we go, by the way. I made it this morning while I was helping tenant with the morning rituals, and it worked out fine. I look forward to having it again soon.

Right. Yesterday, was there anything else there beside the wall? Hmmm. Oh, yeah. I planted a small eucalyptus in the lower garden, because Fortuyn at through the slender stem of the one we had already planted, and then ripped out the roots. Little twit! Has absolutely no respect for plants, hah.

There was rock hauling of course, for which I was infinitely grateful today, considering big brother pulled something in his back and I had to do most of the lifting. *sigh*. Yep, everything I needed, rocks and concrete blocks were right there waiting, so the last row got put in place and I hauled in the necessary concrete and cement buckets. The rest, as they say is history. Did wreck the wheel of one of the wheelbarrows. I think I loaded it too heavy and poof, there went the outer rubber, right there on the middle of the slope. Blast it.

Oh, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts came up during the night, and the transplanted pepper plants are doing well…even though we have a bird coming in who eats two plants a night. We’re going to have to close off the last open section of the greenhouse fast.

There is of course always the laundry and such, but that is boring so, blah. Hmmm. What else? Oh, Dani joined us today and yesterday, and has been working on her own natural rock wall during that time. Did a nice job of building a plant container in the greenhouse too, so there’s progress for ya.
Mom and the sibs went to the market again today, and apparently had a better day than last week…even though it was pretty chilly over there. I didn’t notice, thankfully, what with all the lifting.

Touri is doing relatively well. The wound looks good, even though there still is a bit of swelling going on, and he's getting a mite annoyed from itches that he can't reach due to the cone around his neck.
Knight II was vomiting this morning, so I had to keep an eye on him, due to this disease that can occur with Great Danes. If he'd continued after the second time I might have needed to start thinking about the vet.

The moped is still being temperamental. Didn’t want to start this morning, in fact. Personally I would have liked sleeping a bit longer too, but I woke around sunrise and couldn’t really get back to sleep afterwards. Ah well, who needs sleep anyway. I’ll sleep when I’m dead. Hah.

No comments: