Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Digging dirt

Song of the day: “Don’t marry her” by The Beautiful South. I downloaded three of their songs last night, ergo they’re in my head today. Hah.

Today’s Tuesday, right? That means that yesterday was Monday…right? I did mean it when I said that my memory fails me at times. Take the book I’m reading at the moment, I swore I read it, but then didn’t recognize a single scene up until page two-hundred. I swear, it’s because of my valium days. It is the only explanation. *sigh* Nasty to stuff.
Work got cancelled again, in case you’re wondering. I have called to the office, but I haven’t heard anything back yet. I find it massively weird, whatever the heck is going on over there. I’m going to send another email later tonight.

Okay, let’s get down to business. What’s been happened in the past two days…I do remember…I’m sure I do…ehm. Well. Yesterday was spent outside, mostly. We put up new fencing in the lower yard. There was this particular spot between the veggie garden and the bus where the dogs kept ripping through the thinner fence, jumping over it, and whatnot.

So we took the old section away and put up an entire new part (approximately 18 feet). Grandpa and I had to do it, of course, considering big brother still can’t use his back. But it went fast and well, and the dogs should not be able to get through it again now. Seriously, this is solid diamond fence stuff, and we put in a new pole as well to catch some of the slack. The only problem would be that they go to the next section of fence and try to go through there.
Ah well, we’ll deal with that when the time comes.

Big brother did hang the center table in the greenhouse and it looks rather nice. It made putting in the seventh and last table in today (I made it during the course of the morning) a little bit harder, but we did manage in the end. I’m going to take some pictures soon.

We had an excellent edit last night. Only 22 more pages to go, so, yay.

Good news for me: My foot didn’t hurt last night. Which makes it the second time in two months. Progress is marvelous. It appears that the inflammation of the cartilaginous bone that was produced on the outside of my heel is slowly healing at least.

We got rocks last night…grandpa and I did at least. Hah. Poor big brother. He’s feeling quite useless at the moment. On the most part he’s keeping busy with electric repairs and working on the moped some more.

The majority of my afternoon (today’s) was spent in the greenhouse, by the way. First arranging the new tables, then filling the big container Dani built the other day. Since we had this gutter on top of a wall beside what used to be the old pool, I was kept busy digging all the dirt and composting materials out. All of it together with a couple of wheelbarrows filled with fertilizer was enough to fill it, so I could plant three zucchini plants (one is unlikely to survive btw) before calling it a day. It looks rather grand, hence the promised pictures.

Touri is doing well. He no longer needs his cone, so he’s ecstatic most of the time. He is still favoring his leg, but I do occasionally see him use it. The vet says that it’s because the growth pressed on it, and thus the muscle became very thin.
He’ll get there.

Little sister got her first job today. She looked a wee bit tired afterwards, but according to her it went well. The people are paying her well, so it’s not a bad job on the overall, I just hope she likes it a little at least. It is so terrible to do a job you don’t enjoy. *sigh*

Hilarious tidbit about Chaos. He has this weird tendency to look for low hanging branches under which he’ll start walking (in slow motion, mind you). He and Knight II are the only ones who do this, you know. They literally pet themselves by doing that. It’s as if the feeling of leaves lightly stroking their fur is divine. They can sometimes stay at it for a solid fifteen minutes. Absolutely bonkers.

For the rest the days have been mostly chores and such. Nothing grand or extremely entertaining, just lots of STUFF. Well, I’ve got some personal messages to take care of, some Amazon discussions to get up to date to, and…well, edits of course. Who knows, maybe a miracle happens and we’ll finish it tonight. Hah.

No comments: