Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

This and that

Song of the day: “Men in this town” and “Waka waka” by Shakira. Don’t ask me why, they’ve been going through my head off and on today.

First off, I cut my hair yesterday morning. Seriously, the mess was starting to get way too thin again (I was born cursed with ridiculously thin hair, mind you) so I tied the lot up into a tail and snapped off an inch or two. Afterwards, since that really doesn’t come across as beneficial for the hairdo, I trimmed some more (in front of the mirror) and went for round-like bob that just barely skims my shoulders. It’ll do.

Worked on the synopsis and query letter for A.I.L. again, which are shaping up to the point that there really isn’t a lot left that we can do with it. Soon I’m going to have to send them out to the publishers and leave it up to fate. Did my best…we both did, so now we’ll have to see how it works out. We’re aiming for Monday to send the package out.

Watched another movie last night, “Inception” with Leo Dicaprio, Tom Berenger, Cillian Murphy, and Gordon Joseph Levitt…you know, the cute boy from “Third Rock From The Sun” and “The Jury” with Demi and Alec…I was a little disappointed. I think it has to do with the fact that I am not a huge fan of Dicaprio (the only ones I really liked of him were “What’s eating Gilbert Grape” and “Black Diamond”) and that the story was somewhat chaotic. I could follow the storyline just fine, but for some reason there was a constant up-build towards a climax, which then didn’t occur. By the end of the movie I was sort of desensitised, I guess, which is a pity because it definitely had potential. Did enjoy seeing Levitt as an adult, though.

Other than that we’ve been working on the cabinets for Big brother’s room. Put them in this afternoon in fact, which means that they’re looking darn good, if you ask me. Admittedly, it doesn’t look like I imagined it yet, but once we finish them I think they’ll at least be similar to what I had in my head when I first started building them.

Did I say we tucked the potatoes in, by the way? Yep, they are now covered by plastic so they get a head-start this early in the year. Strange storms going on here at the moment, by the way. Strong north western winds, rain and thunder are regular occurrences at the moment. It’s almost a northern March, if you ask me. Very unusual.

We had two nightly trips to the greenhouse. There is a snail problem, so we’re heading over there after the sun sets and search the lettuce heads by lamplight. It works too, we’re getting an average of six snail a night. Yay.

Made a thyme/oregano coughing syrup today, both for tenant (she has a strange itchy cough now, very strange) and just to be sure. This is the time of the year for a solid cough, of course, so having it in the house is not bad.

What else? Well, we got the bus all done, and now that big brother’s cabinets are in his room, we actually have some room in the carport. Which will be good if it starts raining again in the near future.

The basin is two feet from being full, by the way, and the wall is holding so, yay. Did a good job there…heck, Fortuyn decided to take a dip in it this very morning. (Whether he was pushed in or actually jumped, I don’t know.) He totally freaked out and was splashing around like mad until big brother reached down and dragged him out. Poor Fortuyn. I do know that Huckabee was looking calculative at the water. It was tempting for him, I think, seeing as he’s a waterdog and all. Hah.

The sun was out today, by the way. Meaning that tenant came down to sit on my porch for the majority of the afternoon. She is feeling a tad out of sorts of late giving us and her caregiver fits about refusing to drink. Ah well, we all feel out of sorts at times, don’t we? Let’s hope it sorts back to normal again.

Touri's ears are doing well now, but Gada is suddenly limping since the day before yesterday. I don’t get it. She appears to be feeling out of sorts and sometimes comes to me looking miserable and making clear that she wants to be cuddled a bit.
Indigo, who had a big sore on top of her back since a couple of weeks ago, is vastly improving after several iodine washings. The crusts and puss are gone, and she appears to be feeling better.

Well, this will have to do today, because I still have way too much to do and I would like to get to bed in time tonight. I’m blanking anyway about what happened in the past couple of days, so…bye.

No comments: