Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

MS Word crash *sigh*

Song of the day: “I cried for you” by Katie Melua. I've had it before, and will probably have it again. *Sigh*
I know, I'm runing behind terribly again. My only excuse is that the weather has been absolutely divine these past few days and we've been just so busy outside, that I've barely had time to sit down for writing, let alone to do my blog.

Talking about writing. I managed to put down a couple of pages last night, after work was done, and since we went through it today, I realized that it worked out well. Thankfully. The story is coming together nicely, and we've already past the halfway through mark, so, yay!

Bad news is that my Word program crashed, making me lose a couple of paragraphs since it was an irreversible error. Seriously, I almost had a heart-attack. I don't like it when my computer acts funny, and definitely not while I am working. Jeez. I often have nightmares about my computer crashing, falling, or just giving up the spirit for some unexplainable reason, and when it starts screwing around on me, I am not a happy person.

But anyway, I salvaged what I could and am now learning to work on OpenOffice, which is not all that different, just...well, different. I hate change in that regard, even though I shouldn't. Change, on the most part is good no matter which way you turn it, but it just feels uncomfortable. Like I'm working on someone else's computer. I've been working with word she 1998 and back then I had similar problems since I was a loyal Word Perfect user. But anyway, I will complain a bit, whine some, and then I'll just have to cowboy the heck up and just continue on writing.

Enough of that, let's get to the projects: For the most part the past two/three days have revolved around garden work. There is always earth to turn, reed barriers to keep the dogs out to put up, and planting stuff. More peppers went in, along with lettuce and the long rows of beets, green beans and carrots that I sowed. Yesterday I worked on creating a small terrace for my herbsies, which are now sweltering in the full sun during the day (poor things).

Fortuyn (pointer) has been going bonkers, by the way. He loves it when we work in the yard, and will be flying back and forth every time we throw a root, rock or leaf out of the way. Seriously, he sails through the air. Absolutely insane! Hah.
While yesterday lunch consisted of mashed potatoes with red cabbage, today I went into the yard early to cut off loads of chard. Half was used for lunch (with macaroni) while the remainder went into the fridge.

Tenant also came down today, which was nice. She sat in a mix of shade and sunshine, which is her favorite, I'm thinking. There was a cool breeze, and after the morning clouds dissipated, we had sun all day long...the same couldn't be said about yesterday, where the sky was overcast 'till late in the afternoon. Heck, yesterday morning it was even cold, which I didn't appreciate at all.

Laundry of course. The day wouldn't be complete without it. Hah. Several of the plants that I've put aside for underneath the future porch are really bursting from the seams. They can't wait to get into the soil...or that's how it looks, in particular the bushes, which are starting to get lush for sure. As for the vines they are all over the place. Soon they'll literally be lying in the basin.

Though there was some rain, we did have to water some of the new stuff during the course of the day, in particular because of the wind...which reminds me, there was a rather magnificent storm last night. Not here with us, but over the sea. From east to west clouds lay massively in the air, lighting sparking wherever the eye could see. Very impressive.

We did one last sand hauling trip, which should bring us up to the minimum we'll need to finish the wall. Sure it took some effort, loading, unloading and hauling it in ourselves, but it was worth it in the end. Saved quite a mint there.

Now all that remains are the trips for clay, rocks and cement...which should keep us busy for a while yet.

What else? Well, big brother had to fix the stand of grandpa's moped. The stupid thing just fell off. There was a trip to town to figure something out about our phone bill, which was a tad high again. Luckily the weirdness of my phone having an internet connection (without me asking for it) has been put straight. Phew. Now it remains to be seen if we get to have a refund somehow, but I'm not holding my breath. We also had to get a new piece of fence for grandpa, seeing as we kept forgetting these past two weeks.

For a while we were basically prisoners in our own home (not that I minded, mind you. I kinda like it that way, hah) due to a rally. From mid-afternoon to late in the evening rally cars were screaming past with exploding exhausts, roaring engines, and an audience all the way along the road, shouting, laughing and applauding. I don't see the attraction, really. If I want to cars flying past I can side beside the road on any given day. Not much difference. Hah.

Added to the fun of the roaring cars during the day, there was also a party of sorts going on in the valley, filling the air with music and shouting of what I guess to be inebriated people having fun. Luckily getting my hands dirty is much to nice for me to mind either way. Hah.

Well, that's going to have to do for today. I'm beat and, well, I should do some work yet...maybe I'll do some kick boxing yet. Oh, I forgot to mention that, didn't I. I had a thorough workout the day before yesterday and wasn't half as sore as I was the last time.

Going.

No comments: