Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yay for kickboxing

Song of the day: “Getaway” by Bryan Adams. Well, that’s something different at least. Though I love his music, it isn’t stuck in my head all that often. A good thing, I think. Hah.

Let’s see if I can keep it short today, because I was incredibly tired this morning and dozed off just now, meaning that I’m behind, again, darn it.

A bit of good news is that the paper edit is almost done. About ten more pages to go, so either we’ll get it done today, or tomorrow. Yay. Not bad. I’ve gotta say that I am rather pleased with how it turned out. The characters are splendid, the humor vastly entertaining, and the story…well, simple but nice, I’m thinking. What more can I ask? It is exactly that what I would look for when I’m browsing for something new to read.

Activities the past couple of days have been limited what with the horrible weather. In fact we had to take most of the plants that we’d put outside in the garden pit for hardening back into the greenhouse, because the poor darlings were dying of cold and wetness. *sigh* The plants already outside are surviving, but not doing well at all because it is almost as if we’re back to wintery temperatures. Darn it.

We did get a bit of sunshine yesterday afternoon, which made working on the wall rather pleasant. Got a good section up now. One more layer and we can continue widening the wall towards where the new septic tank will be. It’ll be gorgeous once we’re done, mark my words. Hah.

The day before yesterday (in the afternoon again) we had a bit of sunshine too when we went out to get more rocks. Knight II went along, of course, and at least he ran around a bit…he’s still a whiner about exercise, though. He goes around the place once and then wants to get back into the car. Silly dog.

Yesterday morning was spent looking for wood to put new bottoms in the drawers that grandpa wants to set up in the carport. After that we cleared the spot and prepared it enough so we could work on it today. We did, and now the thing is standing there. That should make grandpa happy, ice he can toss metal supplies in it. Hah.

There was of course the car to unload yesterday. Which was wildly fascinating, as I’m sure you can imagine. (NOT) Neither was the stint of laundry worthy to write about, so let me this just wrap this up by sharing that I spent last night working out in the carport, kickboxing the boxing ball to an early grave (it ripped, can you believe it) and bumming my knee some more. I guess I got a little over-enthusiastic, because none of the movements hurt…at least not until I got to straight forwards kick which was, like…ehm, totally uncomfortable. Hah. So I did that one only a few times and then got back to the good stuff, yay.

So yeah, today my knee’s a little sore again, but other than that, all is well. Okay. Big brother finished reading A.T.O.L. (paper edit is officially done) so now I should open up the file and put them in. Yay. I can’t wait to start on a new project!

No comments: