Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

From here and back again

Song of the day: “In and out of love” by Armin Van Buren and Sharon Den Adel. Beautiful song, and luckily not all that hard to sing. Hah.

What have I been up to these past few days? Gawd, I’m drawing a complete blank from this very morning on. Yup. It was spent with annoying bureaucracy once more and seriously, it makes me want to crawl up the walls.

Not that it went bad, or anything. It’s just annoying. First there was the trip to town hall, where I had to deliver a form mom had filled in...oh yeah, that reminds me, I was there yesterday as well, because it turns out we have a tenant registered here, that doesn’t live here. Really weird, but there you have it. Now the biatch is that in order to write him out, we might have to resort to legal steps, just because we have no way of contacting this person. *sigh*

But anyway, the foreigner liaison at town hall, was nice enough to write down the details, which I had mom sign so I could hand deliver them back. Then, we discovered that while we had an unexpected tenant, grandpa wasn’t properly registered. I know, insane, right? Well anyway, it took about an hour (the computer was blocked) for the error (of grandpa) to be corrected, while the unexpected tenant would have to be handled by the district, rather than the town. *sigh*

Bureaucracy exhausts me. Oh, right, now I remember. Yesterday involved driving to town to drop of the Opel, then doing some small groceries and heading back home...only to get a phone call that the car was done. Decided to go later in the day to pick it up.

Which also reminds me, there was a bit of startle early in the morning. Coppers honked and wanted to know if there were any illegals living around here. Huh? Seriously. For that they freak me out? Yikes. Luckily they were nice enough, and didn’t make a total nuisance out of themselves...though they did take more than thirty minutes just jotting our information down...meaning I was late for the garage. *double sigh*

Be that as it may, I did manage to get some serious writing done yesterday, despite all the distractions. We did go for a dip in the sea after picking the car up, by the way. The water was downright freezing, and the waves too high for some serious swimming. It was nice to play in the waves a bit, however, so it wasn’t an entirely wasted afternoon after all.

But let’s get back to today, I get so distracted. Where was I. Ah yes, this morning, town hall, followed with a trip to our insurance agent to get at least copies of our papers, because the official ones haven’t arrived yet. That took some waiting again, and afterwards I headed straight for the back to make sure that the insurance for the Daewoo will not be automatically withdrawn. This took a full hour of waiting, during which time I literally almost dozed off right there. Hah.

That done, we went back home to drop grandpa off and then heading on towards the village and the vet hospital. It was time to pay for the big batch of vaccinations from last month. Added to that, prior to heading out, big brother and I took a nice batch of harvest from the yard, which I put in a basket and gave to the vet to thank her for giving us such a good discount, and for agreeing to be our mailing address for some biological seeds that just won’t get brought to our home (out in the boondocks, remember?) no matter how often we try.

Sitabah and Dax came with us, just because the idiots had scaled the fence again when we brought grandpa back. Since I was too friggin’ lazy to bring them back inside, they came along. Of course while big brother got out of the car (we were in a rush because lunch hour was there and the vet was at the verge of leaving, and we had to head back because Sally needed a ride to her job) Sitabah jumped out, and decided it was smart to run straight onto the street. Grrrr. Seriously, if she’d gotten hurt, I would have strangled her. As it was, I managed to catch her, and tossed her back into the car.

Finally we came back home, at which time I changed into something a little more comfortable, and then walked tenant down to the basin terrace. We made supper of fresh beets, potato, onion and cheese, and it was wonderful. Didn’t get much writing done, thought, just too distracted.

In the end I gave up trying and went into the yard again to check everything, harvest some more peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers. All in all a wonderful way to end the evening, which brings us to this blog, doesn’t it? Well, this will have to do. I only managed one page after all, and maybe I’ll get another slammed out before I give up on the day and hit the sheets.

No comments: