Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Need...sleep.

Song of the day: “Sweet home Alabama” by Lynerd Skynerd (sp?) I know, it suits summer so well, doesn’t it? Even though at the moment we are having some seriously chilly weather for this time of year. Brrr. I’m going to need to get myself a sweater, or something.

So yeah, I don’t have a lot of time today, considering that most of the day was spent preparing for another canning session (tomorrow) and that I still have to print A.I.L.’s query letter and synopsis again, because it has been six months since I sent the package and haven’t heard anything despite the return postage stamp I had to add. *sigh* So exhausting. Hah.

Like I mentioned, today was spent preparing for canning. I washed pots, cooked them for ten minutes and cut a load of veggies with the help of tenant and Dani. Tomorrow we’ll be canning pumpkin, zucchini, green beans and tomatoes, yay. I had wanted to do some experimenting with melons, but since the melons aren’t ripe yet, it will have to wait, darn it.

First thing the morning, after laundry, breakfast and walking tenant down to my terrace, was painting the new ladder for the Land Rover’s imperial. This took only a short time, so afterward tenant and I walked down to the lower terrace where she kept us company and even helped out by cutting a fair share green beans.

Before we got that far, though, I first had to pluck the beans, naturally. These were the last French beans, by the way. It was time to yank out the plants and strip them of their last few fruits. There were quite a few left, but a lot of bad ones too. There will be only three pots, at most.

Which brings us to yesterday, doesn’t it?
Writing didn’t go too bad. Got three pages down, as usual, along with a solid idea for the end scene which I’ve been working on since early this morning. It just popped up in my head like a movie, and has been chomping at the bit to get out ever since.

But where was I, oh yes, yesterday. Well, there was the yard, of course. These days we’re harvesting at least once a day, sometimes twice. Tomatoes are absolutely great, not to mention gorgeous. I even made a picture of a tomato that was the size and shape of an apple. Really weird. It was tasty, though. Hah.

Most of the stuff that we prepared for tomorrow was gathered yesterday...except for the ten melons (they need to ripen a bit yet, but we have a rodent problem, apparently, so they had to be plucked) which look downright delicious. I can hardly wait.

There are quite a few patches freeing up by now

We also had to water some stuff, but now that we’ve got drip-tubes in there’s a lot less of that.
Then there was tenant who spent a lot of time with me, naturally. Considering caregiver has some more hours at her other job, tenant (luckily) doesn’t mind hanging with us more. In fact, she actually seems to enjoy helping out with canning and cooking and such.

At the moment I’m a little worried about Gada (my black labrador) she appears to be a little on the thin side, in particular because she used to be decidedly chubby. I do hope that it isn’t her Leismania playing up, because if that’s the case, I’m going to have to take her to the vet for a test. *sigh* Poor Gada.

The plan is that grandpa and I start working on sanding my future hardwood floor (we’ve decided to go for waxing, rather than varnishing), but what with everything going on, and what with tomorrow already fully booked, he’s been doing most of it on his own, darn it.

The weather is extremely wonky at the moment, seriously, after a fresh day the evening is downright chilly. Which reminds me, I’ve got to get a sweater...there, okay. I’m going to leave it at this. I’m drawing a blank anyway and, well...I need sleep.

No comments: