Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Late

Song of the day: “Take that mountain” by Reba McIntire. Awesome song, which I just recently discovered. *sigh*

I know. I'm late. Couldn't be helped, though. *sigh*

Today has been wonderfully normal for a change. Today was basically spent working in the yard, and since the weather was cloudy, and amazingly cool, it was splendid. Seriously, there should be more days like this. We started early, though not necessarily with the yard.

First off I went up to tenant’s place and made lentils and chickpeas paddies for lunch, while I was eating breakfast, naturally, and then, after chatting with tenant for a bit, big brother and I went down into the yard. First I got to harvest our second batch of green beans. They’re huge, they’re delicious and I am definitely making them for lunch tomorrow. I’m thinking bechamel, baked beans, and the same paddies as today to go with them. Yummy.

So yeah,. There was the harvest of green beans, beautifully red tomatoes, herbs (we put in a big batch into the drying cupboard) and another batch of zucchinis. Harvests are going well so far, there’s already two or three bags of zucchini in the freezer, and I think about this time to morrow the first bags of tomatoes will go in as well.

Yesterday. Well, it started extremely early, with me doing a quick laundry, and then heading out to town to drop off the Land Rover at the garage. We had fully intended to just leave it there, but then we got to talking with the mechanic, who offered to just have a look at the Opel (it’s overheating, apparently) while we were there anyway. Since otherwise we’d have to head for the friggin’ other garage, and we liked this one better anyway, we stuck around and had the mechanic check it out.

After half an hour he figured out (while the other guy had already replaced three items) that the meter just isn’t working properly. Jeez, that was so friggin’ reassuring. We’ll have to be careful, but it should be fine if we just pay attention. Phew. I would want to bake a pie and bring it to the place, but it really isn’t the thing these days, is it?

Writing wise it has not been a disaster either. I’ve reached seventy by now, yay, and the story is still developing nicely. Love is in the air, and all that. It’s working out well, and I am enjoying the process tremendously.

The Land Rover got fixed within the afternoon, and we could pick it up at six. After which we decided to go to the sea for a quick dip in the water. It was decidedly warmer than the last time, but very nice indeed. Crawled a bit, did a bit of everything, and then, properly exercised, we headed back for home.

Today the day ended with a trip for sand, what with tenant's kitchen still needing to be poured, but what the hey.

Which just about sums up the basics that will have to do for now, because I wanna go to bed and the day is seriously over. I’ll try to do better the next time.

No comments: