Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A bit of this, a bit of that

Song of the day: “A song for whoever” by the Beautiful South. Beautifully sung, and yet a funny lyric. Hah.

So the evening before yesterday was spent with a solid workout, which felt absolutely grand, despite excessive sweating. It was friggin’ chilly that day, by the way. But during the workout that apparently made no difference whatsoever. *sigh*
Luckily it did let me get to bed in time, so I might actually have managed a full night’s sleep this week. Hah

There was the usual dip in the pool followed by laundry, and then up to the Land Rover to unload from the night before. We were just too tired to do so the night before, and I basically passed out.

Tenant and I walked down again, before I helped grandpa and big brother haul 1500 pounds of cement to the storage behind my cabin. Since Big brother was busy doing other stuff, I finally got around to cleaning my old fake plants for my room. Looks soooo nice.

It was cloudy, cool weather again…at least it was yesterday. Today the heat went up again.

Anyway, most of yesterday was spent digging behind my cabin. There was dirt to get away, rock to chop out, and stuff to wheelbarrow away to this section in the middle of the yard where we can store the stuff that will fill up the future porch.

Luckily, Big brother offered to bake macaroni, because I was in no mood to cook yesterday. I am, or late bothered, once more by the same old nausea, and eating, at the moment is a chore that I don’t particularly look forward to. Ah well, who cares anyway.

Once the spot was dug out, grandpa and I did most of that, we had to wedge rocks under my cabin, because, let’s face it, we’ve got some tiny dogs that will literally get under anything if they set their minds to it…and some of them do, I assure you. Jeez!

That done, we could paint the lower edge of the cabin (lead paint to protect it against winter’s wetness) and hang the new storage closets, which fit right in…at least until we get around to adding a roof and wall.

There was another much needed dip at the end of the day, because regardless of the coolness there was a lot of moisture in the air, which made me sticky as heck.

Next thing the evening was filled with a long session of editing, which didn’t go all that bad, nor did it go on endlessly, considering we had to shave Sonia, who was covered with knots and such from these pesky grass ends that keep getting stuck in the dogs’ fur.

Of course we had to go out again to pick up some donations…seriously, there’s way too much of that going on these, days, but one does what one must to make a living, eh? Besides, there was some good 2nd hand stuff for the market there.
Did end up getting to bed way too late. Seriously, I was at the verge of passing out by the time we got home. Woke up in time this morning, regardless. Am not at all looking to repeat the oversleeping bit from the other day. Which reminds me, I had a splendid dream that night, which I shall share in the near future, yay!

So that brings us to today, which started with the normal routine of morning rituals, a dip in the pool, laundry coffee and then hauling part of the preserves of the few weeks up to the new storage.

Next came the unloading of the car, again, at which time we were interrupted by a strange squealy sound. What we saw was a soaring Bonelli’s Eagle. Seriously, it was huge, and it was just circling overhead.

While grandpa started to attach hooks to the temporary, rubber curtain for the storage closets, big brother and I hung hooks for the “rod”. It doesn’t look bad, I’ve got to admit.

In light of my determination to slowly get my cabin in shape again, I finally got around to putting clean pillowcases over the cushions of my chairs. So there is still a lot to do, but I’m trying at least.

Cooked supper of beets with potatoes in their jackets. It was yummy, despite my consequent nausea. Grrr. There was another edit, playing with the dogs, and then heading into the yard to turn on drip systems and harvesting.

Got a good batch of tomatoes, green beans, peppers and even a zucchini. Yay. I’m already looking forward to the chilli and patties I intend to make tomorrow…which is not smart to think about in regards to my unruly stomach. Darn it.

Though we managed two edits in total, I don’t like the lack of pages done, but what the heck, it’s not like I can change that, now can I? I had wanted to do another training session, but editing turned out to be less speedy then intended. Even now it is well past midnight, which means that I have to wrap this up and start getting ready for the night.

Okay, doing that now. Have a good one, I’m out.

No comments: