Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Wall

Song of the day: “Ain’t no mountain” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrel. Such a cute little song…and easy to remember, which is always a plus.

Busy couple of days, mostly involving “the wall”. Yep, since we need to dig a section out behind my cabin, the wall under the house just got shifted back to priority. Seeing as it will be a perfect spot to get rid of dug out rock and dirt, and since we would have to haul it from elsewhere otherwise anyway, we figured we might as well connect the two.

As of yesterday, a foot or two got added to about fifteen to seventeen feet of the wall. Cement was hauled, shovelled up and rocks flopped into the soggy beds until we literally ran out of rocks…which annoyed the heck out of me and made us haul a double amount down to the terrace today. I kid you not, it was some serious hauling for sure today. I think we brought down a ton or two, along with a couple of REALLY interestingly BIG rocks that I couldn’t get onto the wheelbarrow on my own. It was a fascinating (not to mention giddy) experience to get them scooped up, since I refused to wait for big brother to come up and do it for me. Hah.

But anyway, we should have enough down there to add another two feet to the entire length (23 feet) of the wall. I’m actually looking forward to that, seeing as those terrace doors of the house have been shut for years. Can you imagine being able to walk out of them and stand on a terrace surrounded by tree-high reed, a big ol’ fig tree and bamboo. Very cozy.

What else? Well, after the morning chores, and getting the laundry hung, I headed out into the yard to check the veggie plants for bugs. Same went for the greenhouse and raised seedbed, which could be opened for some fresh air. It was sunny after all. Since I was out anyway, I gathered herbs from the yard to make mom a cream she needed. Worked out really well, by the way. Incredibly good for the skin, not to mention that it smelled delicious.

There was some clothes mending last night, a harried looking sweater with a hole big enough to let a hand through, which I sewed shut while watching Red Planet with Carrie Ann Moss and Val Kilmer. Such a fun movie, and unlike so many movies today, still possessing characters that are interesting.

More garden work this morning, including checking for bugs again…not to mention weeding and gather foodstuffs for supper. Decided to go for a rice and veggie dish, covered by a satay sauce…despite the fact that big brother’s macaroni leftover from yesterday was looking mighty tempting. Hah.

Other than that there was fire to make, wood to haul, cleaning to do, and little things to see to, while the dogs trundled along all the way…except for Chaos, naturally. Poor Basset hates the winter and will while away the hours on the bed if he can get me to lift him up…since he’ll be whining pitifully and shivering otherwise, I’m usually easily persuaded. Gada too is getting a harder time of following, though Gawd knows she tries. Her poor arthritis hind legs are having a harder time carrying her every day…and she’s getting skinnier again. Darn age anyway.

Well, that about sums it up, I guess. I still have to go out later tonight, another donation, and I better do some edits before then. Been doing very little of that for the past couple of days (only two pages yesterday) because due to the computer problems, big brother has been working with his computer for the majority of that time. Luckily I didn’t need to twiddle my thumbs since I am still working my way through the first edit. Hah.

Okay, better get to it then. Not much interesting stuff going on, but life gradually moves along as usual. Hah.

No comments: