Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The wall, the wall...almost there

Song of the day: “Living Doll” by Cliff Richards. The one with the Young Ones, of course, which is just too funny for words. Hah.

I’m going to have to stick with a disorganized sum-up again because it’s been a long day and for the life of me I can’t recall the right sequence. I know that there were two workouts, so that covers both mornings, doesn’t it. I was a little late, but I did manage to do the full sessions without dawdling. This means that I was only fifteen minutes later than usual. Am adding a new three minute routine to the whole, step ups, which should improve my stair walking some…I hope.

Rather than going for chickpeas, lentils or white beans, I made soy bean burgers yesterday. I’d put the dried beans in water for a whole night of soaking the evening before and after boiling them for a couple of hours they were ready to use. I like the result, I’ve got to admit. They’re a bit tougher than I usually make them, grainy too, but it gives you the idea that you’re eating something properly solid. In fact, since there was no bread this morning, I ate a couple of the burgers for breakfast. Hah.

Edits…it’s tough going at the moment. Whether big brother is a bad mood, or I am, I don’t know, but we get into fierce discussions about every other paragraph, darn it. First edits are a pain, I tell ya. So much to keep track of, and big brother watches different stuff than I do. *sigh* It is bound to give friction. Ah well, no matter. Seventeen pages to go and then the first edit will finally be over. Yay.

Had two sessions in the yard. First one was checking up on everything after the massive hailstorm the other day. The cabbages show some damage, but they’re flourishing regardless. Seriously, I don’t know on which steroids the red cabbages are on but when I checked on them they were standing proud and strong as if saying: “Hailstorm? What hailstorm? I’m growing here dammit!” Hah. Got a nice batch of broccoli from the yard yesterday…and then again this morning, which was once again spent in the yard. There were bugs to be hunted, and the greenhouse and raised seedbed to take care of.
Then there was the borecole that we gathered or supper. Big brother is preparing it as I write this, which is nice because I didn’t particularly feel like cooking today. Hah.

Big brother and I have been working on a toolbox kind of thing for in the back of the Land Rover. The friggin’ package of obligated warning triangles, reflective jackets, and all that stuff, is constantly sliding through the entire car, meaning that a proper box is necessary. Got the necessities from storage and sawed most of it in the afternoon, creating a big, multiplex tube that we’ll (at some point) attach in the back of the car.

My stomach is giving me some trouble again the past couple of days, so after making and eating dinner yesterday, I just had to take a nap rather than risk losing the whole lot again. Eating, at the moment, is not a pleasant endeavor for me, I have to extremely careful lest I risk chucking it all up again. Dontcha just hate it when you’re being reminded of your sick days? I do.

I was of course freezing after my nap. I don’t know why but for some reason my body thinks it’s a good idea to shut down while I sleep. It makes keeping warming practically impossible…you’d think that the nap would help with my foot, but nope, that one’s still bugging me too. I am definitely looking forward to getting my new insoles the day after tomorrow…heck, if I could get away with it, I’d call the guy now and demand them. Seriously! He’s taking forever.

We’ve spent about four hours working on the wall, which means hauling freaky big rocks, wheelbarrows full of cement, but once again we have added another foot or two to the height of the majority of the wall. Got about fifteen feet the way it’s supposed to be, with drainage pipes in it, and attachment points for the future balustrade. It’s looking, folks. It’s really looking good. I was standing under it after working there most of the afternoon, and, boy, is that wall high now. Seriously, you do not want to fall off that one.

The dogs were, of course, their usual annoying selves during the work. At one point there was a line of six dogs lying on the exact path that we were constantly traversing with the wheelbarrows. All of them stretched out in the sunshine, literally ignoring us when we tried to get them out of the way. No respect. Hah.

Though working on the wall was absolutely divine due to the sunshine, I am now starting to get seriously chilled because I am standing on my terrace and the wind is coming from the north here (behind the house there was no wind, thankfully). I need to get this blog done and then get the stove on. I don’t like this cold at all, it is undoing all the good the sun did this afternoon.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. First the Land Rover to the MOT and then once we get home, hopefully working on the Opel’s flank. I finally managed to get my hands on the paint (we ended up at a specialized shop in town where they had to mix it up for me) and lacquer so with a little luck we’ll get that done tomorrow.

Well, that’s it for me. I still have to go out later tonight, but before that I do hope to be able to get some pages edited. I’m not holding my breath, though. Way too dangerous. Hah.

No comments: