Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Pie!

Meh. I totally don’t feel like blogging today. It’s past ten in the evening, I’m way behind, and already I can hear my bed call for me. “Sam! Saham! Sammi, Sammi, Sammi!!” *sigh*

But anyway, what’s gotta be done has to be done.

Song of the day: “Next 2 you” by Chris Brown and Justin Bieber (*gasp*). I know what you’re thinking. Justin Bieber? But I stumbled on the song yesterday and it is in fact pretty nifty. I like. It’s been going through my head most of the day.

I’m drawing blanks again so forgive me if this is going to be a bit of a rush job, missing leaps and downs from the past couple of days, because, let’s face it, lots of it is already missing. Hah.

Well, first off, Sally’s birthday is tomorrow, so I made a semi-pie today. She’s on a no Gluten diet, so I kept the gluten low. Apples, pears, walnuts, almonds, raisins, and a mix of peanut butter and apricot jelly. Glazed the whole lot with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla sugar, brown sugar and white sugar, with a dot of butter and walnut oil, and finished off with cream. Gawd, it worked out well, in particular with the crumble top of ground cornflakes glazed as well. The recipe is sooooo going into my cookbook. Yay.
So yeah, totally greasy, but what the hey, it’s a birthday, right?

Did some gardening, of course. Watering has to be done most every day, in particular with this shortage of rain this year. The alfa alfa fields are finally growing properly. For a while I feared that I would have to re-sow, but luckily the first sowing took root after all. Big brother sowed some cauliflower in the multipot tray, along with Chinese cabbage. Put onions in ground, of course, and harvested a couple of cauliflowers and another small batch of broccoli. The first we had for supper today…along with potato.

Started off the day by going to town: Big brother had spent the night awake at his computer because something went wrong while he was installing a new program he’d downloaded. It was completely screwed up, meaning that he tried for hours and hours to fix it, only to make it worse. So we had to go to the computer repair shop, where the receptionist recognized us from the last time and commiserated with the latest problem. We won’t hear if they can fix the problem until the middle of next week. Big brother was miserable, and nauseous due to the shortage of sleep, meaning he needed nap while I headed into the yard to do the necessary stuff.

I decided not to wake him, and together with tenant worked on that pie, standing in the sun, feeding the dogs apple peels, which they absolutely love. Seriously, you’d think I was feeding them meat for all the enthusiasm they were showing.

There was a workout, naturally. A good pounding of the bag again. Kicking, punching, you know, the usual. It was actually rather nice after more than a week of doing without. This morning I didn’t do one, since I passed out after last night’s trip to pick up another donation. Seriously, I was so tired I passed out and didn’t open my eyes until half an hour before my alarm went off. So nice when you can crawl back in for another 30 minutes, eh? I love that. Of course when the alarm did go off, I was lying there for a solid fifteen minutes before I finally managed to drag my lazy butt out of bed to turn the dratted thing off. Since this morning we didn’t do a workout, we opted for a jog, together with Cousin Ed and her dog, while Knight II went along as well.

Got sand, which, at this time we’re storing differently. Grandpa has industriously been working at the storage area, and finally things are looking less like a garbage place over there. It is actually starting to look neat. The sand stock is also being streamlined.

Most of yesterday afternoon was spent washing the Land Rover. The thing was starting to look like a muddy blob, so the way I figured a washing was long overdue. It took some time but now it’s all nice and shiny again. Heck, I even cleaned out the inside and that one was really bad. Hah.

Finished making that candle holder. It looks good, in case you’re wondering, and as soon as I can, I will make a picture.

Helped tenant out. She appears to be in a somewhat odd mood of late. I don’t know what’s up with her, but she’s snappy, grumpy, and absentminded…worse than usual. It doesn’t help that she has a headache at the moment. She’s been viciously attacked by a bug of some sort, to which she has been showing an allergic reaction.

Did an edit, of course, though not as much as we should. We’ve been making long days, and by the time we sit down at the end of the afternoon, we’re often running on fumes. Still, all things considered, it is not all that bad.

Well, that’s about it. Time to do another edit (already did one before starting the blog) and then: To bed!

No comments: