Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Asked?

Song of the day: “I can feel your heartbeat” by Enrique Iglesias and Nichole Sherzinger (sp?). I only recently heard it for the first time, so I only have the chorus going through my head, which is a bit annoying, of course. Hah. Still, a nice song.

Well, lots going on again, nothing massively interesting, mind you, but still, life’s busy, as it should be. First off, I had tried to do a workout yesterday, but I overslept so that didn’t come to happen (did it today instead, yay!) before I went down to the house and started on laundry over coffee, naturally. Hah.
Started filling the pool, thank you very much. I’ll be hopping in soon for sure.

There were dogs to feed (twice, naturally) and tenant to help since caregiver was at her other job once more. Went well enough, took only an hour or two to get her ready and down to my terrace where she settled in for the day. Knight II is giving trouble during feeding time again. Seriously, I have never met a dog who’s as picky in eating as him. *sigh*

There was two day’s worth of yard work of course. A good watering yesterday, and then the youngsters again today. Put in a full field of peppers on the lower terrace. Along with a small field of melons that soon will need a construction of sorts that keeps them off the ground. Had planned to do that today, but since big brother has pulled his leg this morning, we decided to postpone ‘till tomorrow. It’ll be sure to take some time, since these are going to have to be pretty sturdy. Those melon vines are strong and heavy, once they start growing.
Since that is of course inevitable, I also harvested. Got our first zucchinis, yay, and tomatoes, as usual, along with broccoli, sugar peas (the last batch, I fear) along with fresh herbs, naturally.

Once everything that HAD to be done in the yard, was done, it was back up to the carport to work on the box we’ve been putting together to transport the decorative classic car. Got it all done, despite the fact that for some reason the box ended up a bit twisted (old wood will that do to ya) so I had to chisel some edged out of the lid, but other than that it worked out splendidly. Put some papers in there to keep the thing in place, and then put it in the storage. If disaster doesn’t strike, mom and the sibs should be able to take it to the market next Sunday.

Big brother did the dog veggies, and since caregiver returned late from her job, I brought tenant back to her bungalow. She helped me make supper. Prepared chili sin carne with large pancakes on the side. It went down well to boot, so it was definitely a successful endeavor.

What followed was the usual editing session of about eight pages. And then started on writing down answers for an interview I’ve been asked to do. Oh, I hadn’t said that yet, had I? Well, Laurie (a blogger/reviewer/interviewer) asked if I would like to do an interview/feature of my W.I. Investigations, so of course I said yes, and am now TRYING to fit in answering the questions she sent to me. I’m supposed to do about six or eight, but I gotta admit that there are some really nice ones in there, so it is hard to chose. Hah.

Was late getting to bed last night, but did manage to get up in time for a workout this morning. Yay. Pounded and kicked the bag, did laundry, fed the dogs, and then had my own breakfast. Like said before I spent the majority of the afternoon in the yard. And checking storage for rats and mice. Only one mouse so, nothing disastrous. Reorganized containers, pallets and whatnot, creating space and a semblance of order down there, before it was time to head back up.

Since big brother did the cooking, I am now doing my blog in the afternoon, leaving tonight for edits…which is good, since we’re only thirty five pages, or so, from the end. Hah. I can’t wait for it to be done. I so much want to get started on the new book. *sigh*

Well, I still have to head out for a donation in about…carp! Thirty minutes! Okay. Gotta go.

No comments: