Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

R.I.P. Nata

Song of the day: “Drunk” by Ed Sheeran. Fun song, hilarious clip, and it’s been going off in my head for the past couple of days or so.

First off, there’s some sad news. Yesterday, after discovering that Nata was now starting to breathe heavy, and even coughed up some blood strained slime, we decided not to postpone it any longer and headed for the vet. The decision was quickly made, an edema in his lungs, his hips barely able to support him, and a slowly increasing skinniness despite his excellent appetite. The end was there and it was over in just minutes, with pink liquid running from his mouth. A sad moment, and it reminded me of when we got him and his brother Vara. Just two little puppies, adorable, cute and so friggin’ loveable.

Not a good day, yesterday, I tell ya. My mood was shot, partly because the night before big brother and I were driving home and stumbled on two moving bags beside a local dumpster. All I could think about was the last time we saw something like that, there was a litter of nine puppies in the bag. It took some debating, but I gave big brother my pocket knife (he forgot his for a change) and he cut open the bags. He took one look inside, swore and then carefully spread the contents out over the ground beside the dumpster. In the two bags were approximately fifteen, or eighteen rabbits, most of them already dead, and the few remaining ones (their eyes basically boiled in their sockets from the heat) were just panting in their last spasms of life. Some carpy person decided that it was a good idea to toss out his rabbits in NEARLY airtight bags, while the temps were near 100 and the bags filled to full capacity with living bodies. Seriously, I was massively upset after that one. I’ve said it before people, if you’re gonna be an arse and toss a pet out, at least have the friggin’ guts to kill it, rather than condemn it to a horrible death. Jeeez!

Enough about the depressing stuff, though. I should have just kept my trap shut about the top two issues, but what the hey, they are part of life, and thus they must be mentioned, right?

Writing. It is controlling my life at the moment. Not unusual for me, mind you. It is my chosen career after all, but seriously, the days are starting to seem extremely short. At the moment all I have time for is writing, laundry, feeding the dogs, preparing dog food, making our own food and an occasional little task. Did ad some pages, though, only two more to hit the 100 mark, so Yay. Still, it is frustrating that the days are so short. It doesn’t help that we are also constantly having to go out

Like yesterday afternoon we had to go to town for a donation. A fridge/freezer combo. Turns out people had rented out their home for a few months, and when they returned the fridge had had some sort of explosion inside, filling it with maggots that had died and started rotting too. Gawd, they warned us about the smell (apologized profusely, in fact), but when we started loading up it was pretty bad. Seriously, I had to stop breathing through my nose or else lose my stomach contents. I totally get why they rather got rid of it, than having to clean it. I was personally tempted to leave it at the landfill myself. That smell made me cross-eyed, I tell ya. But anyway, big brother and I tied the thing shut, heaved it up the car’s imperial…and somehow I ended up with vile smelling goo on my head, shoulder, arm, wrist and boob. Oh. My. Gawd. I almost chucked up right there. Luckily we had sanitary naps in the car (and I used them profusely. I think I went through half the pack and still couldn’t get rid of the smell, aaargh) and on the way home I hung out the side window most of the time, (the interior parts of the fridge were in a box in the back of the car) just to be able to breathe.

First thing we did once we got home was hose the darn thing down. Took a while too, and then we had to put it somewhere to settle for 24 hours before we could try if it even worked. (It does. Tried it today. Yay. Totally worth the effort…in hindsight! Hah)

There was cooking involved, more writing, chores, a wonderful jog this very evening, which was something I really, really needed after the lack of activity the past few days. Also did some rowing on the machine this afternoon, which cleared my head a little at least. There were some dips in the pool, and some serious sweating what with the hot temps. Right now it is rather nice, though, since a strong wind picked up. No mosquitoes. Yay.

Yard-wise, the heat was pretty impressive yesterday afternoon while cousin Ed and I watered the plants and did some harvesting. Oh my. I might actually get a tan on my legs after all. I could literally feel my skin bake. Hah.

I just might finally get me some curtains. Yay. Though I love sleeping with everything open, doors and all, but when I’m still up, and my lights are on, some curtains will certainly come in handy. Can’t help but worry ‘bout some unsuspecting neighbor freaking the dogs out. Hah.

And now I’m drawing a blank regarding events in the past couple of days. Considering it is once more close to a thousand words here, I figure I might as well call it a blog and log of. Hah.

No comments: