Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Going out

Song of the day: “Wherever you will go” by Charlene Soraia. Gorgeous song. A cover, I understand, but what the heck. I like this version.

Ten thirty in the evening, meaning that I’ve gotta hurry a little.
Had another scorcher, not unpleasant, just warm. The only thing that made it pleasant was the occasional breeze from the sea.

Writing went well today…yesterday wasn’t bad either, for that matter. Three pages yesterday fitting in a scene written out of chronological order and adding another half so all the pieces fell together where they should. And Five and half pages today, so, yay. Getting there. Just eight pages short of one hundred. Had a good scene today, it took off, meaning that after page two, I suddenly lost track of time and just kept rattling on the keys (faster and faster because I had to go out and didn’t have enough time to cook, hah) ‘till the last possible moment. Et voila, five and a half pages added to the whole.

Yesterday’s dinner involved slices of zucchini with herbs and cheese baked in the grill to a fine crisp, with fried rice on the side. It was light, it was tasty and somewhat different. In other words, splendid.

Today’s main meal consisted of the same (leftover) rice, but with fried beets on the side, which were crusty with cheese and paneer, making the meal absolutely filling…something that I needed today. But I’ll get to that later.

Yesterday, besides, the usual chores like laundry, dog feeding, dog food preparing, and all that jazz, big brother had to head up to grandpa’s place early. Grandpa really wants a fence up there so he can let his dogs walk free during the day, so big brother helped him with the first piece while Cousin Ed and I headed down into the yard for some serious watering.

Harvested enough for the dog food, and some for ourselves (we should do another canning session soon) and then had to get back up to cut the dog food before big brother and I had to go out for a donation. Didn’t come home until close to midnight, so, yikes. Didn’t get to bed until two in the morning (stuff to do, and all that) so I was not at all my perky self this morning. Hah.

Strange night, by the way. Though oppressive warm, I woke up being cold around six in the morning. Had to grab my sheet just to be able to continue sleeping. Being cold doesn’t help my sleeping pattern, hah. Already I’m starting to look wearily at the calendar. Summer is passing way too fast, darn it.

Big brother discovered that there was something wrong with the chain saw, so the plan was to go to Malaga today to bring it to the store because it is still under the warranty. Then, of course, by the time I was done getting dressed and rushing through supper (stuffing my face, ya know) while running up the mountain, he managed to fix the problem, meaning we didn’t need to go to Malaga anymore.

Since we were dressed anyway, we decided to drive to the village to drop grandpa off at the moped repairman. The stupid thing had to stay over for the weekend, because it was being a pin again, and luckily he could drive it home today. Grandpa feels somewhat hampered if his transport isn’t there. Hah.

Also went to the vet to pay for the latest dog bills…most likely we’ll have to go there again tomorrow (Nata is not doing well), and made an appointment for this week to have the dogs vaccinated for this year. Gawd, that’s going to take a chunk out of the savings, I tell ya.

Had lots of dips in the pool, which was a necessity, considering he temps were approaching 100 on several occasions. Take yesterday evening for instance, when Cousin Ed and I were working in the yard and stood in the full glare of sunshine. Yikes. I was sweating like a racehorse by the time we were done. Hah.

Dog-wise. The smart ones prefer the bathroom down by Sally’s apartment, what with all the cool tiles, and the not so smart ones also prefer that spot, meaning there will be five dogs lying in there heating the place up like a sauna. Hah. Seriously, I wish I could take a picture. Chaos and Labhana will be lying in the open closet, pressed against the walls and floor alike, and then, without a single hesitation, Sitabah will rush inside and just flop down on top of the two of them. *sigh*

Knight II on the other hand, prefers tenant’s chair when she’s not there (she was yesterday, since caregiver was out, so we were basically on our own) and will lie there in the strangest positions. Folded double, stretched out with all fours dangling over the arm rest, his head high into the air, or on top of his hip. It’s embarrassing really, he had absolutely no shame or pride. *snort*

The markets went relatively well for such a warm day, by the way. Regretfully tourists are not the best buyers for stuff that you can’t take along on the plane ride home, eh?

Well, this is it for me. Almost midnight (I got momentarily distracted by my messages, darn it) and I still have to finish my messages, so I’m outta here.

No comments: