Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Down for the count

Song of the day: “Bruises” again, by Train and Ashley Munroe. Cute song, but since I’m a bit feverish, it comes across as a bit freaky.

Not a good day, and I am not in a good mood at this particular moment. I am still sick, and so is Knight II, who’s at the moment in a worse state then me. He’s got a fever, hasn’t eaten in three days now, and, well, let’s just say I’m pretty worried. The fact that I’m sick as a dog myself, and not all that clear in the head, makes that I’m having some serious emotional shit going on with the trouble about Knight. He might very well just have some sort of doggie flu, and nothing scary, the way my feverish mind is imagining.

Sally is going to be staying in the hospital for the next few days. At least until Monday because her bacterial infection is severe enough for her to need observation, and treatment for that long.

As to yesterday, big brother and I spent the day up in the mountains, tiling underneath the balcony we built. It was cold over there, windy, and the day was really too short to finish it in one day. By the time the day drew to an end, we were over half, but I’d done three tiles wrong, meaning I had to take those out again, and start over before we gave up half an hour before twilight.

At that time we had to rush, because Knight II really wasn’t well by then, and I wanted to visit the vet. They couldn’t find anything wrong, and when we got into the car, he ate a piece of bread at least. But it didn’t improve, and this morning I took him to the vet again, only to have his antibiotics changed. Now, in the evening, he has a temperature going up and down. He’s still shivering and I…well, I want him to get the heck better, darn it. I don’t like him like this at all. Earlier he startled awake from dozing, jumped up and basically ran off, backwards, of all things. Poor darling.

Today, despite the illness, and having been to the vet, I did very little…I’ve decided to focus on getting well first (well, with Knight) because I’m not worth carp like this.
Signing off.

No comments: