Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Bar fight!

Song of the day: “We are young” by Fun. I always see the clip in my head when this song starts tumbling inside my brain.

First off, for the past few days we’ve been trying wean Tadaika off big brother, so she can start sleeping in my cabin. Seeing as I’ve got a lot less dogs than him these days, we discussed which one would mind least. Poor Tadaika got elected. She likes my dogs, has spent an occasional hour in my cabin already and…has been miserable for three nights in a row now. Pitiful darling. She knows how to milk it, I tell ya. She’ll whine for about half an hour, walk back and forth through my cabin, try to climb out over the fence, go through the window, and then, after three times of me hauling her back on the bad, she finally goes to sleep. And the looks she gives me when I don’t let her go…sooooo sad. Poor girl. I just hope that she manages to adjust.

We had a big rainstorm yesterday, which meant getting very wet while I went down to the house for the morning chores. By the time we had to feed the dogs, the weather cleared enough or us to do it outside, so there wasn’t a real problem with that. It did save us from having to go in the yard to water the plants.

There were of course two edits during the course of the past couple of days. We came across some hiccups, which made our progress rather slow. Seriously, there were some intense discussions again, some arguments, and some heated snarling, but we got through them again, thankfully. Have brought the page count of “done” up to 226, so we’re on schedule at least.

Worked on my kitchen, yay. Yesterday we put in the outer edge foundation, which was nice work to do with the sun coming out later in the day. Same goes for today, while the wind was fierce today, working on the kitchen, pouring concrete, was a nice and warm occupation, since it was in the lee of the wind and in the full sunshine. Got the first level poured, and it’s looking good. Now we’re getting somewhere, yeah!

Had to go out today to pick up a donation and picked up some groceries at the same time.
Took way too long, of course, in particular since afterward I still had to cook. No disaster, and not taking as long as I’d feared because I could work with yesterday’s leftovers of cauliflower and potatoes.

Yesterday we had a big fight between the dogs. Middle sister came outside rather unexpected, so there was a collision with her boxer Groovy. I was just a second too late to grab Knight II, who grabbed first Jelly, and then Fortuyn before big brother managed to jump in the fray and sent him up. As is usual for the big lug, (whoever says that Great Danes possess elegance, is nuts) he did more damage to himself than Jelly (Fortuyn ended up with a cut in his neck) by cutting up his paws and such. Gawd, he’s such a klutz, not to mention more enthusiastic than he should be when it involves fighting. Had to wedge him against the wall to keep him from going at it again, and then drag him to my cabin for punishment. Jeez. Spent the next half hour cleaning up cuts and scrapes with a variety of dogs. *sigh
Seriously, if you’d have seen the enthusiasm with which the dogs pounced on Groovy, and each other, you’d have thought that there was an old fashioned bar fight going on. Aaaargh. Insanity!

Tomorrow we might be able to get in some wood chopping with the axe, which will be a nice form of exercise for as far as I’m concerned. I need some, I tell ya, and jogging is not working at the moment, if for no other reason than the fact that it takes too much time. Have less than three weeks until the competition after all. *sigh* Still going to try to fit a run in one of these days, though.

Well, that’s it for me, for now. I’m just about ready to call it a day.

No comments: