Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Floor's in

Song of the day: “Give me love” by Ed Sheeran. Gorgeous song. Heavy, intense, but absolutely beautiful.

First off. It was big brother’s birthday today. Hah. Gawd, we’re getting old. Just yesterday we were teenagers and now he’s galloping towards forty…me too, for that matter, but I’ll always be three years behind big brother in that regard, hah.

But anyway, we didn’t do anything for the occasion, not even pie, or cake, because, let’s face it, big brother hates both. I’ll be making one for my own, of course. I’m thinking a lemon cheese cake, with lemons from our own little tree down in the yard. That sure would be splendid, but we’ll see.

A few of the dogs are not feeling all that well since yesterday. There was some vomiting, shivers and listlessness, and some overall miserable-ness, but they seem to be improving some. Most of them ate again this morning, so they should be fine by tomorrow.

There was the usual stuff, of course. Laundry, feeding the dogs, chores, and me actually managing to squeeze in sweeping the floor of my cabin, which was a friggin’ mess. It didn’t help either that what with the dogs feeling bad there were all sort of unmentionables happening on my bed, which forced me to changed the sheets and blankets twice within six hours, darn it.
Added to that, Knight II was one of the dogs with the shivers, meaning that he had to, come hell or high water, lie against me during the night, making me feel like I’d spend the night on the rack, or something. *sigh*

Headed into the yard for a bit, which was wonderfully warm, since it is out of the wind down there. I found a pumpkin hiding in the bushes, and we watered the young seedlings and plnts. Such a pity that there is relatively little to do in the yard a the moment, because the sunshine really is best down there.

The kitchen. It’s going slow, but it’s getting there. We’ve poured most of the floor now, along with two steps. Only one more level to pour, which is where the fridge and closet will be once we’re done. It’s looking good, nice and smooth, and parts of the wall are up already too. Lots to do still, but we’re getting there.

Got to haul stuff for it, which made for excellent exercise. Big 20 pound blocks of concrete, wheelbarrows of cement, rocks and shovels full to take from one spot to the next, balancing rather precariously at times. Hah.

Went for a jog today, which was going really well, right up until I put my foot down wrong, which made it nothing, if not excruciating to get all the way back to the car. *sigh* Definitely taking an Ibuprofen tonight before I go to bed, jeez.
At least I did some jogging. The rest is really not important for as far as I’m concerned.

There were logs to split, which made for good exercise as well. Still have plenty of that to do, so we’ll get around to it one of these days, I’m sure.

Editing is going slow at the moment, but steady still. Not a day goes by when nothing gets done on the book, but at the moment we're not managing our usual ten pages a day. Way too many distractions.

Big brother cooked supper yesterday, spinach with cheese, of course, while today we decided to fry cauliflower and French fries. Yummy. Did manage to get another piece of meat down my throat this afternoon, which was highly necessary. A little bigger than the last time, but still not a whole piece, darn it. It’s just too hard. The satay sauce helped, though.

Well, as for the rest, I can’t remember anything else. Dratted memory. Doesn’t work all that well most of the time, now does it.
Do know that the weekend is there again, so that means we’re going to have to prepare for market tomorrow, and then spent Sunday in Marbella again…weather permitting.

Ah. No matter. Time to get to bed. The day was a long one.

No comments: