Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Just another day

Song of the day: “Come on” by Will Young. It’s been in my head sporadically, though, not at all consistently, which I thank the flu for. My brain is not at all up to its usual functions yet.

Have not been sleeping well due to a rather persistent cough. It makes me freak out by having me think that I’ve been suffering from it for weeks, while it has been only days in fact. Weird how that works.

Am starting the mornings walking the visiting dogs again, which is our special time together, really. They rut around, I gaze blankly at them while lounging against the mimosa tree. With this carpy weather of rain and wind it isn’t as much fun as it should be hah. Added to that, due to the flu I’m still waking rather late in the mornings, meaning that I have to rush through the morning rituals just to make it in time before the sibs’ dogs come out.

There’s been quite a bit of laundry, what with the persistent bad weather not a lot of it is drying, so that means a lot of measuring and shifting to get everything on the lines which are toiling under the weight.

Managed to do some for the job, putting together the “trap” door for the tankless waterheater’s cover. Right now the machine only has a narrow roof with supportive “walls” on either side. But since there is a problem with insects that want to nest in the nooks and cranny of the thing, we’re building an aluminum cover that partly consists of aluminum mosquito gauze. Got the main part done today, and it doesn’t look bad at all. If we do the rest like that (and we will) it’ll look good.
Took a couple of hours, but that’s okay, we took our time, and did a lot of sitting while we were at it.

Yesterday’s nap didn’t work at all, seeing as my ears kept popping quite annoyingly, but today it went rather well. Crawled under the blankets during the rainstorm and was out like a light for a full hour. Splendid, man, didn’t even cough or anything. Hah.

Went into the yard where we weeded through the broccoli field, and transplanted several into the upper field where several didn’t make it these past weeks. So many of our own seeds came up, that we literally have a field of broccoli plants. Hah. The ones we transplanted won’t all make it, of course, but even if only a handful do it’ll be nice. The other hundred or so went straight to yesterday’s dog food.

Added to that we harvested a massive load of broccoli. Seeing as we’ve been out of commission for a week now, the vegetable was sprouting all over the place. Gathered about four pounds of the stuff, which would make for at least two full meals. Yum.

Had a trip to town, returning some items to the hardware store, and then being back home in time to cook supper…which left us with enough to enjoy again today, with a big batch of broccoli through it.

At the moment big brother and I busy editing the new scene I added to V.L. last week. We have to check if it fits, if it doesn’t disrupt the flow of the rest of the story, and if it needs more for everything to work. Considering our brains are still somewhat mushy, it is not easy to check. Every other time I find my mind wandering, or my eyes drooping. Really annoying.

Did discover a nice little song (guess what’ll be in my head tomorrow, hah) by The Band Perry. “Better Dig Two”. Fun song. Keeps reminding me of “Young Guns” for some reason. Gawd, I do love some good Country every now and then.

Knight II is really bugging me at the moment. Stupid dog keeps digging at his paw, which persists to be a problem, and once again he has killed his cone collar. Seriously, that’s the fourth one. I had to tape it all up because the vet didn’t have any left of this size. I will find him eyeing me, and then as soon as I look away he’ll be working his way through the skin of his friggin’ paw, or some other spot he should not be bothering. The sneak.

As to tenant, still the same. We thought she had to go to hospital today to have her kidneys checked, but luckily it turned out that she has to go next week instead. Considering how tired she is constantly, I’m glad that it’s postponed another week. Maybe she’ll be a bit stronger by then.

Well, that’s about it. Time to call it a blog and maybe get some more work on the book done before I head to bed. Yay!

No comments: