Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Grout work

Song of the day: “Beneath your beautiful” by Labrinth and Emeli Sandé.

Long day, as usual. The way someone so aptly said on the for a, “stuff” kept me incredibly busy, which is not necessarily a bad thing, if only it wouldn’t feel quite as useless. Hah.

But I’m getting ahead of myself. First there was yesterday. Yes, very bourjois of me, but alas, for me too the world goes from one day to the next. *snort* Wouldn’t it be grand if that weren’t the case? I mean, seriously, wouldn’t the blog be splendid if time shifted all over the place, the way my brain does sometimes? *snort*

Okay, yesterday. What happened? I’m drawing a blank. Jeez. Don’t you just hate it when that happens? Here I want to start writing it all down, only to end up thinking…and thinking some more…and more. Okay, I’m getting my diary…

Right. I’ve got it. Tuesday. *leafs forward* Here we go…
Woke at the alarm, wondering what the heck that annoying buzz was, feeling so friggin’ tired I just couldn’t help myself from calling big brother and asking him if he could phone me in another thirty minutes. I really needed those extra thirty (well, technically it was twenty) man, and felt distinctly more rested when I did finally get up.

The normal chores were waiting, naturally, but we quickly worked our way through them, fed the dogs and got to work on the computer while chewing on breakfast. Only did about an hour, and then had to go up to help Sally get ready for the day. At the moment she is so far out of it we have to help her with practically everything. Just the task of getting her showered took about half an hour, and that didn’t include getting her dressed and up later on. It is a tad sad to see that she can’t hold onto a single thought at the moment, or that she can’t make a distinction between reality and what’s in her head. I’ll tell her we’ve been there for ten minutes, with her sitting there mumbling to herself, worrying about getting up but not actually doing it. She’ll even get upset about me saying that she is not trying, and is fully convinced she’s been constantly trying (in her head). In the end I had to get firm with her, tell her to stop thinking, take my hand and let me pull her to her feet. There was some serious anger there, but she did manage to get to her feet and dressed.

That done, her breakfast dealt with, (tenant and caregiver were out and about…in other words, at the hospital) I went back down to the carport to get ready to do some work on the kitchen. Got some actual grout work done. In particular for the corner where the stove will be. For the rest the old glue remains were scraped away, tiles washed, so we’re starting to get a good idea of what it’s going to look like. I can hardly wait…but I’ve said that before, haven’t I? Hmmm. Well, it still counts. Hah.

Sally did come down to look at the kitchen, and ended up tripping on one of the steps, and scraped open her shin…not a smart thing to happen what with her blood thinners. *sigh* She was unable to get up, so when it became clear that support to her arm wouldn’t be enough, I had to move in behind her, wrap my arms around her from behind her, and literally put her back on her feet. Good thing I’m tall, otherwise that would never have worked. Gawd, her leg was a mess. I had to put my brain on zero in order to apply bandages (blood doesn’t have a good effect on my stomach, ya know) while big brother came up from the lower yard and cousin Ed got the wheelchair. We shipped Sally off to the local health center where they took care of the mess. We were afraid that we’d have to take her to the ER but they said that if it didn’t keep bleeding during the night, it would be okay. She stopped bleeding, thankfully.

Did get some edits done, thankfully, and I am slowly reading up on E.D., so I can get into it again to resume writing. Came at a good scene yesterday, which was fun to read…in particular since I no longer remembered writing it. Hah.

On the overall the dogs appear to be doing well. Knight II has been making a nuisance of himself by trying to get his collar off, Sitabah appears to be doing a little better, and Tadaika, the meloxicam appears to help against the pain of her sprained foot...did I mention that we took her to the vet the other day because we were afraid she broke something? Well, she didn't. It appears to be a sprain instead. Yay.

Had a bit of wine during the course of the evening, which had me in a jolly mood by the time it was time to go to bed. *snort* Was a little late, which wasn’t a smart thing to do, but there you have it. It made me less than jolly when big brother called this morning to make sure that the alarm would wake me…since it had been friggin’ bleeping for ten minutes already it was pretty good foresight on his part. Hah.

No time for sleeping in today because today is Spanish lesson day. *sigh*
After the usual chores and feeding the dogs a mix of kibble and veggies (grandpa was unable to get dog food at the local bakery, darn it), I was on my way up to tenant who needed help getting ready for the day. Getting dressed, settling outside in the sun and having breakfast just barely fit with my own breakfast and those last few sentences of homework, before it was time (were late by ten minutes again, darn it) to head out for the teach’s place. Did a wee bit of speeding her and there, so we were only five minutes late by the time we settled down for our lesson.
Didn’t get to go through all those laboriously constructed sentences, but spoke at length about life and such. It is fascinating to realize that you’re recognizing more individual words during the course of conversation. Apparently we’re not tossing the money for lessons down the toilet, eh?

That done, we had to head for the city (stopped several times along the way to take some pictures) to pick up a donation, but first some groceries, which was over and done with in about an hour. Then the donation took way longer than planned. Had to load it all up, reorganize along the way, and drive back home. It was already after six by then, and unloading took forever too, which made me rush through making supper. There were plenty of patties, so we used a batch of those on wholegrain buns with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes, which went down splendidly.

By then I was pretty much running on fumes and flopped down behind my computer to do some chats, to check my messages, and…well, to write this thing. Hah. Meaning I’m done right about now. Yay. I’m outta here. The car goes to the garage tomorrow. The brakes, ya know.

No comments: