Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Not much.

Not much to write about today. It was quiet day on the overall, very cold, even two heaters couldn’t keep things warm and I can feel it in my bones even now.

After going to the house this morning I immediately lit the heaters–it was a rather disconcerting chilly night, and I had to pack up completely–I feed Yadzia and myself and then set up the computer.
I manage to write about a page for my “what-if” novel, but it goes slowly, partly due to the cold that makes my fingers feel like clumps of ice.

Sita is doing well, her eye socket is swollen, but otherwise she acting like her normal self, trotting about as if nothing happened, even with the cone-collar she’s wearing.

Around dusk, little sister and I decide to make vegetable flatbread for dinner, along with a try-out cake for my birthday the day after tomorrow.

Both are successful and are eaten with relish. Being the salty types the flatbread even goes down better for most of us, leaving only small portions for tomorrow, if at all.

For the rest of the night we really just take it easy, watching some TV, “House” and “The Mentalist” were on, so it was entertaining, but still, I would much rather have been doing something more constructive.

Instead, by the time the evening draws to an end, I feel pretty darn deflated as I head up to my room and wonder what I can do tomorrow to keep me occupied.
There’s got to be something.

No comments: