Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, March 6, 2009

I passed and survived! WOW

I get called awake this morning by the house phone, after waking at least three times during the night with the rather disconcerting thought “Drat, I could have had that exam question wrong too” and then the next and the next. Very frustrating, not to mention annoying.
So, with the phone ringing, I roll out of bed, snap a quick, “give me a sec” into the mouthpiece and hurry for the door to let the dogs out.

Sucking in a deep breath I address the caller again. As it turns out big brother is on the phone and he informs me that he went online, checked my scores and that I’ve passed the exams. YAY! My breath comes out with a noisy puff then, especially after the dream scares. Gawd…I always said that my mind is my worst enemy in such cases.

By the time I return to my bedroom, it becomes clear that I have missed another phone call, this on my mobile and return it with the knowledge that it’ll be the teach. She informs me that she has gotten the results too and congratulates me with only two errors when I could have had three. We talk for a bit; making plans to meet up soon so we can start on the next stage of our “education” and settle on a schedule where big brother and I will come to the school after the weekend so we can make plans.

With all that settled, and calling grandpa that I finally made it through a quick call to his cottage, I hurry through the morning rituals and do some reading in a book that I’ve read often but felt like revisiting again.
It is most peculiar, but ever since I became a member of the Julie Garwood discussion group at proboards, I’ve come across a strange “problem” with her book “Ransom”.

Now, I have read the book a dozen times in the past and enjoy it on every occasion, but at the discussion group site one of the other members has picked no other than Kevin Sorbo as the appearances of the male hero.
Now, I have nothing against Kevin Sorbo, honest, he’s cute, in a rather modern sort of way, but I’ve found that while reading “Ransom” for the thirteenth time, or so, I am now seeing the hero as friggin’ Hercules, and I don’t know if I’m happy about that, or not. Hah.

Be that as it may, I finish a chapter or two and head on down to the house.
No laundry today–I completely forgot–throughout the preparation of Yadzia’s breakfast, my own and then the computer when I quickly get online and then start editing.

Since I have been so focused on the exams these past weeks, the well of inspiration has been plugged solidly shut, so instead big brother and I decide to work on his project for a bit to see if there are any changes necessary, and perhaps some additions to the scenes he’s created.

It reads well and on the overall it needs only a few changes, since he doesn’t know how to create the necessary shortcuts in the way a sentence can be put down yet, and has sometimes put something down backwards. These are all minor mistakes, and I assure him of that on the multiple times he asks if it reads well and if it is a proper start of a story.
It is rather sweet to know that my opinion matters that much to him.

But anyway, after a few pages I manage to read a few pages of my own fantasy adventure “The Learning of Crysp” before it is time for me to head out to the car once more.

Mom’s doctor’s appointment is coming up and afterwards I need to take Yadzia to the vet again. The poor lab was crying again last night, his back hurting somewhat fierce, so I need to discuss our options once again.

The doctor’s appointment is dealt with rapidly, ending with a prescription as usual, before we drive over to the vet hospital where I take a remarkably happy, but slightly unbalanced Yadzia inside.

Our regular vet was there for a change, and I was happy that he joined in on the discussion as we discussed a change in medication for Yadzia to see if it might work better than the last one. It is a little more expensive, but I don’t mind that if he feels better for it.

That done, and a quick trip to the pharmacy, our little outing is over and we head back home where we’re welcomed by the noisy pack the way we always are. Luckily they settle down soon and I can start on making a quick dinner. Spaghetti with tomato sauce and veggies, it goes down well, but afterwards I start sagging in my sheet, catching my eyes upon dropping shut even as I watch “House”.

This definitely won’t do, so I decide to change in my workout clothes and get my routines done while watching the show, and “The Mentalist” that comes on after it. It goes well, doing an excellent job of waking me up. The evening afterwards goes by pleasantly, especially with the rental DVD of “Eagle Eye”.

The movie was a very pleasant surprise, offering great entertainment, a good story, interesting characters and good action scenes. Not at all what I’d expected, and definitely a form of relaxation I was up for.
It was long, however, so I’m dreadfully late by the time I finally get to my cabin and need to get ready for bed, and write today’s Blog.

Who cares, though? I made the exams!!!! Hahahaha.

No comments: